Thomas Sanladerer Thomas Sanladerer whoever is the real one,

@Thomas_Sanladerer @Thomas_Sanladerer1 whoever is the real one, is it possible for me and you to Skype or something? I am building, or trying to build my first 3D printer and am having some trouble/difficulties, i was wondering if you could be able to assist me??

I have to imagine he’s a pretty busy guy… you could post your issues here or on a printing forum.

Seriously, just ask us. Thomas may be very visible but he’s not the only one who understands this technology.

@sp1redgryphon_97 , What’s going on with the build that troubles you?

@Gabriel_Coleman the motors for the Z axis does not home, it goes down slowly, but does not come back up…
missing/deleted image from Google+

Try swapping out the stepper driver.

what do you mean by that

Most custom printers have interchangeable stepper drivers. They’re little chips that control the stepper motors.

It looks like you have an Anet a8 printer. These have a controller that has all the drivers built in. The entire board would need replace in order to swap the driver… Unless your good with a soldering iron.

could be motor direction is backwards or endstop is always triggered or endstop logic is reversed.

does anyone also know why i cant connect my printer to my PC? i plug in the printer, plug in the USB, and the printer is not recognized in any of the 3D printer software, like cura or simplify 3D?

i have the anet v1.0 board

Let’s focus on 1 problem at a time. Has your Z axis ever moved the correct direction?

@Gabriel_Coleman yes, it moved all the way down to the end stop and once it hit the end stop the motor went backwards to bring the axis back up, but only moved up for about a second or two

and then the homing stopped

Cool

so does that mean the homing worked, because i was expecting it to move all the way up again.

That sounds like normal operation.

When it’s going down, push the end stop with your finger. This should make it stop and go back up a little bit, like you described.

ok, now the connecting to pc part…

What operating system?

Windows 10