Thomas Sanladerer Thomas Sanladerer whoever is the real one,

It’s been a bit since i’ve done this one. I’ve always liked the SD card method - no chance of bsod, or random windows updates to kill a print… Anyways. With Cura, heres a video. https://youtu.be/bo-sLjZH7Ak
https://youtu.be/bo-sLjZH7Ak

ok, thank you, ill try that video, and the reason im not doing SD card is becuase my kit did not come with a cable for the SD card from the motherboard to the LCD Display.

I’ve got an Anet A8 also. It uses a micro SD card at the top of the controller board. It’s a tiny silver slot.

I’ve got a custom one I’m building. It uses a Normal. SD card at the LCD.

yeah…still cant get it to connect to my pc…

Can you provide more information? any error messages? any sounds when you connect it?

nothing, no sound when plugging in the usb or anything.

all wires are connected to my printer

Try a different usb port on the pc, or a different cable. Windows should make an audible sound when something is connected. If it doesn’t, then odds are that you got a bad device, bad cable, or speakers are turned off.

still nothing, i double checked my pc usb ports with other devices and all work fine, even tried another usb cable, brand new, still no sound or pop ups or anything. could it be because i haven’t updated my printer firmware? because i do not know how to do that??

Unlikely. I’ll check mine out after work. I haven’t tried.my anet with a pc yet… Maybe its special.

ok

You guys are amazing, with just the initial post reading, a guy investing 150 bucks for one of the cheapest printer on the market and clearly no interest in understanding the whole 3d printing stuff, your answers were incredible helpful. I expected only bashing when opening the comments.

Most of us have probably been in his shoes before. Getting help from someone who understands can be really beneficial.

Before too much longer, im going to have my own set of questions regarding my build. I just hope someone more versed will be there to assist me.

ok, now i can print from sd card. Now i just need help with bed calibration and some other stuff becuase when i just tried to do my first print… My nozzle scraped across the painters tape that i have on the heatbed and scraped that up and the filament was not feeding through…

Youll need to to raise the nozzle above the bed. The distance is about that of a business card. You can turn the lead screws by hand to adjust it, it wont hurt anything. Move the bed in and out and check the nozzle distances. If it changes, youll need to adjust the bed. The wingnuts/screws provide bed adjustment.

Once that is set, move your z-axis end stop up so it engages. This will be the new point for the nozzle to stop at. I cheated. I put a few layers of tape on my end stop switch. It made it taller. lol

now, does anyone know how to load the filament? I have a CTC version of the anet a8/Prusa i3. I tried the filament in both holes and nothing was coming out of either. and there is no “load filament” option in any of the menus on the LCD.
missing/deleted image from Google+

Sorry, i completely spaced yesterday about testing it with my pc.

As for the filament, 1 hole should be a button, and the other for filament. It looks like your botton may be missing (pretty much a screw acting like a button). The filament runs between the motor and a pully. I usually take the fan and heatsink off to guide it on mine.

Ok, yeah I went through my menus one more time and there was an option to “move extruder” so I’m guessing that’s it and right now I’m trying to level my bed but it is a pain and sadly I don’t have an auto bed leveler.

Thata the one. Move extruder. Youll need to grt your temps up to move it.

Get the filament loaded, and then level things out.

ok, tried to do my first print and it failed about a couple seconds into it. I leveled the bed and when it went to print, the nozzle was ripping into the tape while it was printing and just printing straight onto the bed itself. would it be ok if i was to remove the tape and just have it print on the bed?