So where is everybody going? MeWe or makerforums?

So where is everybody going? MeWe or makerforums?

The content is going to makerforums, anyway! :slight_smile: And that content on makerforums will be accessible via a web search, so people can find it without having to sign up on MeWe, agree to their terms of service, and do a site search there.

1 Like

I’m on MakerForums, Reddit (barely),

I created some groups at MeWe so I’ll be there unless I have a reason to leave. Personally I suggest trying several different ones and see what suits you best. MeWe not being open is kind of a drag but I like the community style like G+ has.

Facebook 3D Printer Builders/Designers and Reddit r/3dprinters (both more focused on printer builds than printing lithophanes and Thingiverse memes)

@Ryan_Carlyle could you link that particular fb community? I cannot seem to find it.

@ThantiK this work? https://m.facebook.com/groups/1111815785498391?multi_permalinks=2369095069770450&notif_t=group_highlights&notif_id=1551224470851983&ref=m_notif

On phone so not sure if the link will work for you or not

@Ryan_Carlyle It worked after I removed the M prefix for the mobile site :stuck_out_tongue:

Also - there another forum that Ryan and I hang out on - as I mentioned previously - you can find it here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/3d-printing-tips--tricks

MeWe not being open, Facebook is even worse … reddit sounds good but no moderation from our own kin :frowning: … question: why not reprapforums?

ok, I have joined MeWe to see if it suits me … found this:
"Awesome MeWe Members:

#MeWe welcomes all #GooglePlus users to a better home here with us!

To make it easier for our new members from G+, today we announced that MeWe will launch an upload tool (the G+ MeWe Importer) that allows Google+ users to import their G+ content easily onto MeWe. The tool is expected to go live on March 12 or sooner. (G+ members should download their G+ content in “JSON” format.)

The feedback from G+ users about the G+ MeWe Importer is already highly positive, including one G+ user who wrote “Brilliant. I was dreading this process,” and another who wrote, “That should make things easier!”"

Dunno if it was mentioned before in the community…

@Florian_Ford reprap forum is an option but I gave up on it a long time ago due to the large number of very confidently wrong people spouting inaccurate technical information. Probably ought to give it another chance.

@Ryan_Carlyle Don’t Bother - just stick with our other Google Forum! Seems to be Less Morons and more Smart people - LIKE ME!!!
:slight_smile:

Makerforum really take off now the several first communities have been ported there with several thousands members, the 3d community will follow soon, it’s quite a big heavy bit to add to, but please check again in few days.