Vigotec VG-L7X DXF file issue

Hi, I’ve just received my 1st cnc Laser, the 20w Vigotec VG-L7X from Banggood. Took about 15mins to assemble, instructions aren’t too bad for a Chinese product, and it comes with safety goggles in the box. No problems connecting to the machines wifi hotspot and using their own Vigoworks software engraving / cutting jpeg images is pretty simple. However Despite being advertised to accept DXF files, when I click the import DXF option in Vigoworks and select a file, it doesn’t import and the software freezes.
Has anyone managed to use any different software with this machine or managed to get the stock software to cut dxf files? Thanks.

https://forum.makerforums.info/search?q=vigotec%20dxf

You aren’t alone.

No it appear not, hopefully someone might come up with a solution. I guess if all else fails I could swap the control board.

My plan us to swap the control board to a basic GRBL Board probably from SainSmart. I have been very let down by this laser and the BangGood app/website. I guess I should have expected as much perhaps for simply $200. Also, don’t bother joining any Facebook Groups, everyone is a stuck up prick haha… “oh you DIDNT buy ORTUR? HOW DARE YOU!” is the most common reply.