Vigotec VG-L7 (BX20) - other Software possible?

A few days ago I got my new Vigotec VG-L7 (BX20). But the software works not well. I have problem to import g-code and dxf-files. According to the description, it should be possible to use other software such as GRBL, Benbox, Elekscam. Apparently a new firmware is needed for this. Has anyone used other software on this engraver?

Thanks in advance.

Hey mate, so after much struggling I have ended up BACK on the VigoWorks software.

LaserGRBL… LaserWEB… Candle and LightBurn all won’t run my VG-L7X. LaserGRBL will turn the laser on but the motors won’t move. They just like lock up and burn a hole to the core of the earth. I’ve been trying to re-flash my Controller with a new Grbl Firmware but nothing has synced and worked at all. Once I got my driver’s and COM Port situation cleared, the VigoWorks app is working great. I’ve got a 20W laser and it’s incredibly too strong to engrave, it’s strictly cutting haha

2 Likes

Someone modified their hardware, disabling sending by wifi, to work with lightburn.

1 Like

Here’s someone on the lightburn forum who successfully flashed stock grbl. @LightBurn suggests that the controller might have shipped with a hacked grbl intended to work only with the software they shipped.

1 Like

HI, wood again - I also have the vigotec LX7 (without Wifi) and have written Vigotec VG-L7 BX20 image sizing/ printable area
to tell about switching to Grbl - worked fine, except use of fan (which is always on).
Either I was very lucky or nobody tried to ‘just upload’ GRBL by using the China-Software.

2 Likes

In the meantime i have been working with laserGRBL for a few weeks without any problems. At the moment I’m working on Lightburn (with GRBL) on the Vigotec VG-7. That seems to work fine too.

2 Likes

hy.
just burned my laser from cnc 3018*(it worked fine for 2 years), and ordered a vg-l7 no wifi.
Can you tell me how to change the firmware to make it work with lightburn?

Note that this WILL NOT work with the VG-LX7 as the board is different and has an unorthodox implementation of ESP32/AT328.

You know, LaserGRBL has it own problems…

1 Like

@Itsricmo Yep… Me too…