Hello everyone, I'm new to not only to CNC but to google+ and communities.

I’m still kinda leery about running both Y motors through the same stepper

If you pop it running like that I’ll send another.

Think I’ll just wait till the other one gets here to start cutting. I’ve still got a gazebo to finish today and an above ground pool to set up after I spread some sand to level where it’s gonna be. Got plenty to keep me busy til it gets here

Wait, your sending a replacement for the one that was fried right?

Yep already sent.

So it doesnt appear that oneone has posted on this forum in a long while but ill give it a shot…

As we all know, life happens. After my last post everything that coupd happened has, but good news, im finally getting around to using my r7. At least trying to. My spindle will only turn counter clockwise, regardless of m3/m4 command, and gcode cant control it, i have to do it manually. Im assuming it has something to do with the nowforever d100 but cant find a manual for it to set the Px-xxx values.

Any one know how to set it to spin the right direction and how to get the gcode to control it?

I don’t know how many R7 users ended up on Maker Forums. @Eclsnowman is that the same VFD you were using before you upgraded to the new LienCNC v2?

No, mine was a different model. It was a knockoff of a huanyang.

@Anthony_Box how is your VFD connected?

This is the controller board you have, correct?

Are you using the 10V spindle control or PWM? Is DIR hooked up? Take pictures and post them?

Yes thats the board and yes 0-10v vfd.

I finally located the original wiring video on youtube and he said to use 3 of the 5 wires on plugs 1-3 on the spindle, but never where to wire them respectively on vfd, so i started searching…

I figured it out thanks to an old post. @Colin_Kaminski i believe it was mentioned swapping any two wires from the spindle to the vfd and tada! Sometimes its the simplist things we overlook

1 Like

I fired it up and did a test run…now i need to get another surfacing bit because mine seems to have disappeared over the years of being stored. Lol

Little-known fact about surfacing bits: they evaporate. :rofl:

1 Like

Lol it must have. Brand new never used bit. Found the container it came in…bit was gone.

1 Like