Geeetech A10 - A Beginner's Journey into 3D printing

Ned, you have come a long way! It is very satisfying to fine tune the printer and be able to print reliably. I am glad you are enjoying your journey.

2 Likes

Thanks! :blush: You guys have been a big help in answering my questions.

1 Like

Tonight’s adventure in 3d printing involves figuring out how to print with supports. I have very quickly figured out that less is often more when it comes to supports and the ability to remove them afterward. :crazy_face:

Still using PrusaSlicer so I’m going through the knowledgebase figuring out what the parameters mean.

1 Like

For less-is-more on supports, don’t miss “paint-on supports” to be very specific about where you want supports. :relaxed:

Too bad oneboxing doesn’t work well in their knowledgebase!

3 Likes

Oh nice, thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello; Where can I find the marlin with which you updated your Geeetech A10? greetings

You can download the Marlin source and compile it yourself. You will need to be familiar with your printer specifications to properly configure it.

There are many people who have posted Marlin configs for the Geeetech A10 but you should be careful about using them without knowing the source.

You can also download precompiled marlin firmware directly from the Geeetech website. This is the route I would recommend unless you know what you’re doing.
https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=30

I recently bought a Geeetech A10 during that recent sale to augment the Mendel90 I built a few years ago. I bought a 3dtouch as an addon and enabling it was as simple as downloading the 3dtouch/bltouch enabled firmware direct from Geeetech and installing it.

1 Like

Hi @Luisara ,
The Marlin fork I was using was made by Vert but a few months ago he closed this down as he rejoined the main Marlin community.

As Ralph indicated you can use the main Marlin build. Here’s a good video about setting it up for a Geeetech printer.

2 Likes

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Geetech A10 skipping steps with new TMC2208 drivers