CR10S-Pro burying nozzle in bed Used the Pro on Tuesday night, worked fine,

CR10S-Pro burying nozzle in bed Used the Pro on Tuesday night, worked fine, switched on Thursday morning, set a print going and once it had reached temperature the first “home” sequence that happens in the middle of the bed buried the nozzle. Since then I’ve tried manually recalibrating with the machine off, including moving the sensor closer and all sorts of options to use the levelling tools but since even accessing the levelling menu triggers this first centre calibration, and that always buries the nozzle, I can’t use any of them.

It looks like the sensor is triggering - the LED lights at appropriate times, but it’s as though it’s being ignored. I even raised the nozzle to 100mm or so and let it start it’s centre levelling, then used a spatula to trigger the sensor and no joy, it continued to descend, even though the sensor was apparently triggering.

Any ideas welcome. Right now the machine is useless and I’ve had no response from Creality. My next step is to open it up and check for loose connections (if it’s as though the sensor is being ignored, perhaps a lead has come loose?) but beyond that I’m stumped how to proceed given that I can’t get around this first step.

Loose conection, or bad board.

@Jeremiah_Coley that’s kind of my feeling. At 6 weeks old (and a week of that without use over Christmas) I’m not going to go poking around inside the box, it’s going straight back.