Any clue why that happened?

Any clue why that happened?

Zombies?

Really moist filament? Instead of extruding while it was following the pattern, it was just blob out on the zaxis movement, causing the really weird pillar in the middle.

You tell us, what is it suppose to be? Was there any supports for the overhangs? Did it start printing a new layer in mid air and failed at that point?

@MidnightVisions well, it should be a person. I had supports for the overhangs.

Reverse gastrointestinal obstruction

Just another transporter malfunction on the starship Enterprise.

If it were me, I’d always take a shuttlecraft, or stay put.

@Jonas_G It looks like a new layer didn’t stick at the starting point of that layer, and it unwound into a spinal chord.

@Jonas_G Looks like you’re running too hot. You’re getting some stringing between the legs as well as that blob of intestines on top. Once you get too much heat into the part itself, this is a common issue. The legs themselves are 2 separate parts so as the nozzle goes to print the second leg, the first leg had a chance to cool down. Once you get to his dick, the hot end is always touching the part and it doesn’t have a chance to cool. To fix this issue, you either need to print at a lower temp, increase the part cooling fan speed, print slower or set the minimum amount of time to be on a layer so that the hot end is lifted off of the part and gives it a chance to cool down. Personally I’d suggest the first 2 but only change 1 setting at a time so you can see the effect that it has. I’d start with the temp to help get rid of the stringing.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjiDbuowARxBq0Lh0c3kvH_C2fAxOM56/view?usp=drivesdk maybe this timelapse helps. The nozzle somehow touched the print and then failed

Can’t see the video. No permissions. But, it looks like it came loose and stick to the nozzle.

Looks like a problem similar to mine. What are your material/printer/settings? https://plus.google.com/+GregV/posts/3T2hXcLUexZ
https://plus.google.com/+GregV/posts/3T2hXcLUexZ

@Keith_Applegarth I had the same problem a while back. Cured it by insulating the nozzle with plumber’s PTFE tape. I will be making silicon shields in future. Also try printing with a brim or raft.

@Keith_Applegarth now it should be available for you

@Jonas_G increase raft margin by 10, maybe also slow down the print. Also clean the bed surface with alcohol.

Yep… sometimes it just requires a brim, or bit of blue tape, or glue stick… Are you just printing on glass?

@Keith_Applegarth yep I printed on glas with a brim

@Jonas_G Yeah the nozzle definitely knocked the part off of the bed. This can happen with tall skinny prints because there is just so much leverage. My guess is that you were running too hot and didn’t have enough air. What can happen is the filament can curl up if it gets too hot or doesn’t have the proper support and then the hot end comes around and bumps the hardened plastic that’s sticking up and knocks your part off of the bed.

It doesn’t have to knock it off completely. If a few layers are above the glass point, they will flex with the motion of the nozzle, and the nozzle will remain in one point relative to the printed object. this exacerbates the problem as melt accumulates round the nozzle and forms a pool of molten gunk.
I print a test cube 202020mm at the base, then 5540mm on top. Print it fast and over extrude your filament at temperature +10 degrees. :slight_smile: