Where does everyone usually get their filament from? Trying to gather some data.

Where does everyone usually get their filament from? Trying to gather some data. What’s your preferred brand/producer of filament (not distributor)? And where do you usually get it (what distributor, seller, or amazon, etc…)?

Atomic filament makes great stuff, also I like Esun for PETG, push plastic makes nice ABS too. Sainsmart Flexible is nice but more like Semiflex than ninjaflex.

If you want really in depth reviews look a http://thrinter.com/ from @Walter_Hsiao ​. He does some of the best printing I have ever seen, and really knows what he’s talking about in his filament comparisons.

Hatchbox PLA on Amazon is really good, some of the colors are a bit off, but the filament prints great, they have a nice selection of metal,colors and transparent too.

Starlabs PLA and Octave from Amazon for ABS

Atomic pla direct

I do the vast majority of my printing with filament that comes, ultimately, from eSun (through one distributor or another), though I really like Hatchbox’s translucents. Of course, nylon from Taulman is great (I still like the classic 618 the best). Other than occasional specialty filament like wood/metal-filled, that’s pretty much all I use. I also really like Protopasta’s PC-ABS, but don’t have a need for it often.

I only bought one spool of hatchbox on Amazon, but I was impressed. I’m always looking out for new brands, but I mostly only look at filament $30/kg or less ($24 is great price). I wouldn’t buy anything that costs more, unless it’s for an exotic like nylon. My uses are strictly industrial at the moment, strong and high temp.
Amazon is my goto distributor, its much easier than setting up yet another account and free shipping sweetens the deal. If you’re going to distribute your own then you gotta compete.

Been recently using Solutech bought via Amazon, and I’ve been very happy with it. Probably going to try Hatchbox next.

Amazon for PETG, Atomic direct for PLA, my cupboard for kilos and kilos of ABS that was selling for almost nothing at my local Radio Shack when it closed…

Atomic has been my go to source for pla since protoparadigm imploded.

I usually buy from MakerGeeks - they are relatively local to my location, and their in-house filament is pretty good.

Check out 3DXtech if you want quality.

@John_Driggers what do you mean by imploded?

It seems Hatchbox has become very popular on Amazon, yet I can’t seem to find a website for them. Are they a U.S., UK or Asian manufacturer?

All DeltaMaker filament for me lately. Of course, price and local availability certainly play a role in that. Previously I got all of my filament from Ultimachine, trying to help RepRap companies. I really need to try a bunch of others out though; I recommend @Tom_Martz 's Taulman Filament to practically everyone I meet as well. The PETG stuff is awesome, the PLAtinum is awesome, and all of his nylon blends are amazing.

@ThantiK cant wait to get some taulmans. Other projects keep getting in the way.

I have literally only used 3DXtech and Ninja Flex because it is USA made. Who cares if it cost more, i like the quality and never had to fight a clog

I have gone through probably 200 kg of ABS from Toybuilderlabs. That was before I got filament from them made by Esun. Now I buy Esun off Amazon and pretty much never have any issues.

Creedo.se