Where does everyone usually get their filament from? Trying to gather some data.

We’ve been running mostly Inland (Microcenter house brand) lately, it’s around $15/kg for basic PLA colors, and drastically superior in color, consistency, and behavior to the other discount brands we’ve tried (whatever RepRaper is calling themselves this week, Rosewill, MakerGeeks’ low-end stuff), and frankly works just as well as the ~$40/kg offerings (MatterHackers’ PRO, MakerGear), modulo a few color choices.

I suspect but cannot prove it’s actually badged eSun filament.

@Paul_Eberhart it is. The spools are identical and the thin sticker on the side with the product # corresponds to esun stock numbers. Also it reads esun in the product name on my receipt :slight_smile: (sometimes)

I get my filament locally (as in: made in the same building) from http://dasfilament.de and couldn’t be happier with the quality and price.

Microcenter’s Inland brand. Can’t beat $14.99/kg and they’re within a 10 minutes drive from me.

I’m in the UK so I use 3DFilaprint and GlobalFSD.

Extrudr ABS works nicely for me, but lately Esun ABS+ makes an even better impression. I try to buy from Local or 3D printing shops, only if nothing else works from Amazon.

@Tom_Nardi is 3dSolutech still around, placed an order with them in December and followed up,with 4 emails and haven’t heard anything back. There are many comments on their Facebook page with the same complaint…good US made filament…

I enjoy printing with Formfutura & Verbatim 1.75mm and get locally . Too exspensive for me to import it into South Africa

@PrintinAddiction ​ Good question, I do notice that a couple of their colors seem constantly out of stock on Amazon, perhaps they’re having some issues fulfilling demand.

Last order I made from them was probably right before you did, in Oct/November, and I didn’t have a problem. Not sure of the current status.

I use hatchbox from amazon, and radioshack from my local radioshack. (super cheap from radioshack, like 10 bucks a kilo)

@Shai_Schechter
Protoparadigm left a lot of folks in the lurch on their kickstarter, and are just now making noise like they will compensate 'em. I also ended up with a couple of rolls with really marginal tolerances. I’ve not ordered from them since… As an FYI - and my better half pointed this out - in the interest of full disclosure - we are reselling Atomic and including it with our custom builds.

@John_Driggers Is atomic filament new? Haven’t heard of them before.

H and H 3D Plastics in Indiana. They make their own, it’s round, consistent diameter (+/- .02 or less in my tests), and prints well. Good guys to deal with, and an eager new manufacturer. Decent USA shipped prices.