VigotecL7

I have this machine : VigotecL7

Works perfectly with: dxf, png, svg and gcode to for example: LightBurn and laserGRBL .

But when I give the same gcode file to LaserWeb, it wont work on it saying the drawing is out of bound.
That is true in the viewer: I see my board going from x -50 to 0 , y 0 50 .

Can someone explain why please ?

Regards

it could be very helpful to post your gcode file. You might have to change the extension(yes computers still rely on extensions in file names) to .txt to upload.

Thank you for the consern, here is a screnn-shot + the gcode.

I cant upload a txt file, a limitation on this forum,
So here is a “pastebin”

https://pastebin.com/x1RTbN93

Whatever generated that GCode created it as you see, ie everything is in the negative X side of the coordinate system.

yes I saw that too :slight_smile:
many other software do not worry about it because they accept that the vigo can do negative travels, which are relative to a centered zero.

How can I tell LaserWeb about this information, so it allows doing it ?

The gcode comes straight from a PCB software, now way to alter that.
And seeing that other suites handle that case is promising.

My thaught is about: adding a machine description specific to the vigors (?).

Regards

I just realized this conversation was not posted under the LaserWeb section and really should be.
Maybe an Admin(@mcdanlj ) can move it so that the appropriate people can see it.

It’s sounding like another origin positioning issue or machine definition issue.

1 Like

We are under : " LaserWeb/CNCWebSupport" ?

Anyway, I have found a solution:

the gcode comes a pcb software, the bottom layer to engrave gets flipped by the X axis.

hence the point +50 finds it self at -50 .

I had to manipulate the source so the flip does happen, but then adds to X a value that makes our new X point positive.

Thank you for the help.

That seemed to imply that @dougl was right?

1 Like

Well, this nice software, should be capable of doing at the least what others can do .
which is : handle correctly negative coordinates.

mathematics do it since the mathematics exist. :wink:

And I have worked around the problem, by spending time re-configuring my “source software” before pouring the gcode in …

The soft solution: being able to feed a “machine profile” file, that indicates usage of negative coordinates.

Is this luxury ? :slight_smile:

If your design is in different coordinate space than your machine is setup for then something should be adjusted… Either fix the design so it fits the machine coordinate space or modify the machine coordinate space. Sure, some software guesses at what you’re intention is but others give you what you gave it.

That is not practical.
this is pecific to PCB world.

You take a sheet and you draw. on A4 in general.
then,
I exactly applied your strategy: making the board in the right place from the start.
it doesn’t work either , the mirroring always flips relatively to Zero, so the coords will always be negatives .
the other Software’s do not guess, they go to a corner of the board and say this my Zero,Zero and whether is it left or right: I’ll make that direction valid.

LaserWeb should for instance: go PCB mode.

To implement this it is very easy:

Offset the plan X by the ((width of the board) / 2 ).

I’ll be more that happy to help, in case the devs. are interested in implementing PCB mode.

Best regards.

this is likely something like setting your workspace offset or something like that( G54 or something like that ). I’m not fluent with gcode but generally you put your workpiece on the table, load your file and set your workspace offset(probe?) so that both your material and your design align.

I tried works thank you

the coordinates are hard coded in the gcode file.

Now I can “move” the “drawing” inside “laserweb”, that can work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggest to create the gcode with LaserWeb and not load gcode created by other software.
If you load an SVG into LW, you can freely move the object around and scale or flip it. Then create the operation & gcode and run the job.

By the way: You can move the “work origin” by just clicking the “set zerro” button.
So for example, if your gcode object has a width of 100mm (in -x), then move the origin 100mm to the right and click “set zero”. This should move your objects left side to zero.