This is the rough in of the control box.

@Robert_Ritchie Order ones? You can make those. This is the DIY CNC group isn’t it? Here’s one for 120VAC http://i.imgur.com/vc7fdoT.jpg I made it out of scrap parts that I have lying around. Good enough.

@Robert_Ritchie what’s the Mitsubishi compatible PLC going to be used for???

@Paul_Frederick yes I could easily make them but I am time poor. That control box should be wired in one day but it will take me nearly a week.

@Jim_Fong Considering your background Jim you of all people should understand the benefits of a PLC in the machine. Firstly, it will be used to apply logic control to the safety systems. Secondly, the PLC will be counting and storing run times, e-stop activations and other fault conditions. I have some surprises coming.

@Robert_Ritchie I used to program them lol. Just curious to know what you plan to use it for on your CNC.

Hmm I think I still have a old AB PLC in my junk pile. Probably don’t have the config software anymore…

@Jim_Fong ​ I got mine from ChinaPLC center it was around $40 USD. I programmed my first PLC in 1986 so I have an idea what they can do. I also have a small HMI to fit on the cabinet door.