Slicing for each printer, even if they are the same printer

Hi everyone
I am starting a print farm with the exact same printers, I am finding out that 3 of them print the part larger than the other 2, I have over 70 parts to print. Is there a way to set the xy on the machine instead of having to set the xy hole and contour in the slicer and re-slicing every part for the 3 that are printing larger? I’m pretty sure the answer is going to be no but I didn’t want to get into this and spend days on slicing, and someone has a workaround that could have taken a couple of hours
I have Qidi plus 3 printers and slicing using Orca
Thanks for any help, even if it’s what I’m thinking

That sounds like a printer problem. Have you asked Qidi support? They have been pretty responsive to me.

I have, they told me that I would have to do what I mentioned I was hoping for an easier way, I’m glad I don’t have 100 printers to do but one day I might
Thank you

Gary L Jones

That’s crazy… :grimacing:

Do you know how to configure klipper?

These printers run klipper, and the configuration can be modified.

But I was wondering whether there was something mechanically wrong, misadjusted belt tension or something like that.

What precisely is the variance on the printers that aren’t the same?

Hi,
I am connecting one of the printers to wifi now to see if I can get into it, the belts are good, now wiggle anywhere, the 3 that are off are .50 too big and 2 are fine

What you are describing is insufficiently descriptive:

Start here:

I would like to know how you fixed this issue. I would imagine that either there is an issue with the parameters, or an issue with the stepper current levels and the steppers are skipping steps, OR the timing belts are different sizes…

Very simple but kind of embarrassing at the same time, it was a moisture problem
I took one roll from the printer that was printing perfectly and put it in the machine that was printing bad and it printed perfect.
I have dried all the rolls out and now they are all printing the same

3 Likes

There are so many people out there claiming that moisture isn’t a problem for 3D printing. Thanks for sharing a concrete example where you demonstrate that moisture was a real problem!

1 Like

I use the dryers along with silica gel desiccant all the time now and keep a close eye out for surface quality, if it starts looking dull or rough I know moisture is in it. We are manufacturing our products and things need to fit together nicely and now they are