Hardware:

Sbase mkv 1.3
Microstep driver DM542

Firmware:

Smoothieware

Wiring scheme (simplified):

Thank you

What have you done so far to test?

Disconnect the motors from the mechanism while experimenting, if you haven’t already done so.

If you swap which controller drives which motor, does the problem follow the motor or the controller?

If you swap which control wires go to which controller, does the problem follow the controller or does it stick with the wires?

If you connect only the controller that isn’t working now, does the other controller start working?

Thank you for answering.

Disconnect the motors from the mechanism while experimenting, if you haven’t already done so.
Done

If you swap which controller drives which motor, does the problem follow the motor or the controller?
Yes

If you swap which control wires go to which controller, does the problem follow the controller or does it stick with the wires?
The position of the controllers does not affect, the problem persists

If you connect only the controller that isn’t working now, does the other controller start working?
Yes

In this way everything works properly but I can’t use Z EN because I need it for the Z axis

In this way the motors move in only one direction (forward), in other direction only one motor move backwards

That’s not a yes or no question. which does the problem follow?

In any case, it sounds like you might have bad connections for EN and/or DIR in the signal wires.

it seems i can’t share EN (PULL -) between two controllers

OK, moved this to Smoothie — @Arthur_Wolf does this make sense to you?

it’s possible the enable pin doesn’t have enough current capacity / the enable pins demand too much current. you can try using some sort of transistor/ssr/level shifter for that signal, or you can just tie enable to be always up if that’s acceptable for you

1 Like

Thank you for answering.
Enable pin can be always up. How can i do that?

It’s in the documentation for the driver: either tie it to GND or tie it to 5V, depending on the driver.

1 Like