Replicape case with forced air cooling.

Replicape case with forced air cooling.

Hi All,

I’ve made a Replicape case design, which has a little “wind tunnel” inside - to ensure forced air cooling all around the Replicape board. The air is pushed from the top and leaving the box through the space in-between Replicape and BBB. This way all stepper drivers are cooled from both side, which is especially effective if some heatsinks are attached on the bottom side of the PCB (as in my case). Take a look and use if you like it.

The top part is actually fixed by screws to the bottom (I prefer stability…), but can be easily modified to click onto it.

Link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2855558

349ae58042e3260113a616020df9694b.jpeg

340c7b128683ed1c8f847ab3f622a7c5.jpeg

Nice work! I was going to laser cut something from acrylic along the same lines. I’m seriously considering printing your design instead now.

I like your idea of putting labels on the top instead of the side like I did with replicase.

Great design. Well thought out. Thanks!

Love it … What is that large capacitor for?

The big capacitor is just for additional filtering/buffering for the power supply. I just feel better in this way (based on my experience), actually no big scientific calculations behind… I had two empty terminal on the power connector - as I don’t need high currents (using SSR for heated bed), so I’ve just used it for the capacitor.