Pulling my hair out with my k40

Yes it is 120v, I didn’t want to unravel the wrapping, but the wires come out of the bottom of the switch and go into the AC left and right pins judging by the color of the wires.

I replaced the LPS first, but that did not fix the issue, so I replaced the tube, and that got me back up and running.

Going to start looking up replacement tubes this weekend. Suggestions?

I purchased a LO 40w, I think it was $145 plus shipping. The quality seems so much better than the stock tube that came with mine. I took Don’s advice and purchased a HV connector.

1 Like

Here is a link to the connectors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2XOOYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now you need interlocks and a ma meter on that machine :wink:

Those tube mounts look nice, where did you get them?

@PrintinAddiction what plans do you have for you dead tube?
I have been looking for one to do some HV testing.

It’s yours if you want it, I don’t know if I still have the mailing box.

if you like the mounts I can print you up a pair, colors would be a little different I don’t have anymore of the raptor blue.

Are you in the US?
I would love a set of tube mounts how much to print them?

Yes, I’m in the US, no charge for the mounts, I’ll start printing them up.

What color(s) would you like if I have it?

10 posts were split to a new topic: Lightobject 600W Mini Water Chiller

Don’t really care whatever color is most economical for you :).

Did you by any chance find the laser tube box?

I have the box that the tube is in, but not the box that it was shipped in, I’ll see if I can find a box big enough as I don’t think it will travel well in the one box.

I wouldn’t mind a set of those tube mounts as well. If I could get them in either blue or black, that would be cool. I love the idea, but have not yet invested in a 3D printer. Though I do know someone who has one, so I’d also be willing to get my hands on the stl files and see if I can get my friend to print them as well. I’m open to either option. :slight_smile:

Your link doesn’t work. I get a 404 error. :disappointed:

What link does not work?

Here is the link to the tube mount files which work fine for me?

Link works. Will see if I can get my friend to make these for me. If not, I’ll put in a request for some from you. Thanks!!!

Curious about the thingyverse files. Are they already to spec? Friend is wanting to know the inside and outside measurements for the parts.

I made a set without tweaking them and they fit perfectly