PCB Startup

Decided to build a new one today

Does a resistor really go here, 0ohm?

That 0 ohm resistor is already connected. Just donā€™t cut it, otherwise youā€™d have to put a resistor there. Itā€™s the connection point between the stepper pulse out on the GPIO and the loop back in to the GPIO that counts stepper pulses. This is needed because when jogging weā€™re just using PWM frequencies and thus only know the stepper steps due to this loopback signal.

Were you able to get the new firmware onto your ESP32? Hoping you got the code working. If not, Iā€™d be up for a screenshare session together to help get you going. Maybe we even record it and post it on youtube.

Oh that sounds awesome! Really sorry for the delayed response, I had to take a week off for my day job.
Getting the correct firmware got me a lot further that is for sure, now I am hung up with a hardware error which is why I built a second board from scratch to make sure it was not my soldering. Getting same error with second board.

I will get some screen shots to you.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

I think I want to have one more board ready to go before the screen share, should have it done in a day or so. Will contact you then and we can do the screen share when it is convenient for you. Really looking forward to it!

Cool. Sounds good.

Okay! Progress!!!

John, I still would like to take you up on a screen share to get the rest going!

The touch pad is working I can see the arm work space console respond to the touch pad and the white LED is responding as well, first time I had that working.

I

I am still not getting the board to show as a cayenne device in the arm work space, guess that is where to start.

Thanks

Here you go John, all set up an ready.

This is the best indication yet, the code finally stopped continuous scroll on the left and is now stopping after each command. Led stepper light goes on with touch and finger slide, the status light is orange when sliding finger, white when the center touched, pink on stand by. I was not getting any motor movement but it got hot anyway so I unplugged it.

You have this code lined out on purpose correct?

-- TCP Socket
-- Creates connections, manages them, let's you send lots of data
--
-- To use:
-- wifi_util = require("wifi_util")
-- tcp = require("tcp_client")

-- data = {}
-- data[1] = '{"JsonTag":"{\\"MemRemain\\":293300,\\"TransId\\":1,\\"Resp\\":\\"Mem\\"}","MyDeviceId":"chip:0xad30aea4252c-ip:10.0.0.10"}'
-- data[2] = '{"JsonTag":"{\\"MemRemain\\":93300,\\"TransId\\":1,\\"Resp\\":\\"Mem\\"}","MyDeviceId":"chip:0xad30aea4252c-ip:10.0.0.10"}'
-- data[3] = '{"JsonTag":"{\\"MemRemain\\":493300,\\"TransId\\":1,\\"Resp\\":\\"Mem\\"}","MyDeviceId":"chip:0xad30aea4252c-ip:10.0.0.10"}'

-- wifi_util.init(function() 
--   print("Got wifi")
--   print("My IP:" .. wifi_util.getIp() )
--   tcp.init("10.0.0.233", 8988)
--   tcp.send(data, function() print("Yay. done!") end)
-- end)

Do I need to get a 0.0 ohm surface mount resistor? If yes where it should be mounted exactly? Thank you.

Wow, just realized you had posted stuff here but it never sent me an email saying waiting message or indicator in this forum. Sorry, only seeing this now. Youā€™ve made incredible progress.

No, you donā€™t need a 0 ohm resistor. That is already connected on the PCB. I wasnā€™t sure when I designed it if I truly needed the loopback as there is supposed to be a way to map stuff internally inside ESP32. I just havenā€™t quite figured out how to do that yet, so i took the hardwired approach.

On the code, yes, everything I have commented out is on purpose. If you are seeing my design pattern, I did everything as standalone objects in their own file and I put comments at the top on most of those files explaining to you ā€œhow to useā€ if you were to use that object on your own, but the reality is iā€™ve eaten my own dog food on those comments and thatā€™s exactly how iā€™m using them in my files if you look at the hierarchy of the code and how the main file calls all the subfiles.

Iā€™d still love to help get you going, although I do think getting on a video call is not going to be in the cards for a couple weeks as Iā€™m about to hit a road trip. How about you just keep posting here and Iā€™ll try to reply back as quickly as possible.

Thank you John for the reply. I am waiting for the parts for Aliexpress to reach me, already 30+ days. Meanwhile I am trying to print the parts.

I recently received parts from aliexpress that took almost three months to arrive, including over 30 days after they had marked as having ā€œleft the country of originā€ with no updates.

Hey Rod and John, what happened? Did you get the motor working? This thread stopped 14 months ago. Did you start another? John how was the road trip? I was enjoying the troubleshooting going on hereā€¦ Mark