Oh ho ho lookie what I got in the mail today.

Oh ho ho lookie what I got in the mail today. :slight_smile: My friends and my C3D mini board. :slight_smile: Will document the install from a noobie point of view. :slight_smile:

Nice and i just own one board like it and just this past Friday i ordered a set of end stops on amazon as with an A5 china made laser engraving machine you are going to need them but I did not get a SD card with mine as i had to provide it myself.

A5 machine? I have one of the newer k40’s and was told I do not need to add end stops to it. :slight_smile:

@Kelly_S its a laser engraving machine you can buy from chinese companies like banggood and gearbest.

@Kelly_S lucky guy!!! :slight_smile: i will follow your steps :slight_smile:

@Kelly_S You are so lucky, I think my second moshi board is now down so I am just sat here waiting for my C3D mini. I look forward to watching your tutorial as I too am at the Noob level.

Well I have it in, glcd does not seem to work right as of yet, currently installing stuff for laserweb3 @Andy_Shilling I did take lots of pictures along the way and plan to do a write up.

So far, notable things, seems to nee usb power at all times to drive the LAN and the display as well as the board. Will look further into it later as I was hoping to use a computer just a tad further away than a usb cable will allow. Also ran into a hiccup installing laser web 3, and with the board installed and a config on the sd card it does not try to home or anything when I flip the red switch that is odd. Too many questions and Ray is busy at the moment. o_o

Can you put a photo of your psu on
please as I need to order one up and I’m not sure which one to go for.

@Andy_Shilling . Here is one currently on my phone.

Thank you, that looks like the one I am going to get, I was just concerned about the connections as some have the white connectors and others the green.

Nice. Ordered mine last night. Will be keeping an eye out for your posts on this. :slight_smile:

I am stuck on the laser web portion. Have it installed but yet to be tested.

So, display is up and running thanks to the help from @raykholo . I am down to Laser Web Woes and a strange condition of the tube firing when you manually move the gantry left and right quickly.

So, to recap today’s progress for the viewing audience (Hi Andy and Ned!)…
Kelly’s laser is a slightly different one… The power on and off operates differently than how we’ve seen before - so when one switch is off, the 24v at the power connector is off, and that means that the Mini can’t power itself. This is what the earlier “usb power and glcd concerns were about” as well as the current one which we will figure out later.
If there’s a lesson here, it is to order the simplest k40 possible. These LCDs and niftier buttons are complicating things slightly. But we’ll figure it out, we always do.

Hmmm, judging by the pics Kelly posted above I’m pretty sure I have the same model. So he’s definitely my person to follow for this upgrade. All I have offer in return is moral support at this time, so go Kelly go :wink:

@Nedman do you have any sort of LCD panel on your machine? B/c Kelly’s psu looks just like the rest but the top panel is a whole different story.

Here is how my top looked.

@raykholo Yes, I have an LCD for the the laser power display instead of the current meter found on other K40s. The underside of the electronics panel in Kelly’s pic looks the same as mine