MY DIY CNC milling machine - Gantry V1 soon ready.

Simple x-axis test

@Oyvind_Amundsen What was your travel speed? There is going to be a bit more to your X axis eventually, isn’t there? Or are you making a moving table machine?

Good boy!

@Paul_Frederick Only a simple test using a battery drill. When I have tuned the x-axis, installed end-stops, motor… I install the z-axis tune it…

Started designing the mount for the Y ballscrews/motors… - not ready yet, men something like this. 20mm alu

missing/deleted image from Google+

@Oyvind_Amundsen tune it? You have servo motors? That’s hardcore!

@Paul_Frederick stepper motors

Tune IT I ment Get IT aligned…

@Oyvind_Amundsen Yes aligning things is pretty important. Get yourself some of these http://i.imgur.com/wpXgLtq.jpg That’s a gage block set. Worth their weight in gold, and almost as costly too. The old Hokey block set. If you want a machine accurate to a thousandth of an inch you have to build it about that close. Blocks is how I did it. I measured everything a half a dozen times. That’s why I have the fastest drawer slide machine I’ve ever heard of too. Heck I ran it up to 200 inches a minute. Most folks are lucky to get 12 IPM out of theirs. The difference? I used the blocks, and they didn’t.

Today I ordered 2 x custom length 1610 ballscrews + FK12/FF12 for the Y-axis. Soon I have all parts for the mechanical setup :slight_smile:

(From bstlinear at aliexpress - did order the X screw there and it seems to fine)

Moj nowy projekt :wink:

Sruby kulowe proponuje przerobic na lozyska oporowe

Hi @Mlody! This forum is now (and for the foreseeable future) available entirely for free and without any advertisement. This means that there is no source of funds to pay for automatic machine translation. The common language on this forum is English, even though it is not the first language for many forum participants.

Please feel free to use machine translation like Google translate, Bing translate, or DeepL translator in order to post here in English, as well as to read responses.

Yeah fact. I propose to convert the ball screws to thrust bearings, I will try to make a video of how I do it at home

1 Like