MKS DLC32 v2.1 5V supply

Seeking information MKS DLC32 v2.1 and TB6600 external stepper driver. Read a series of threads on the subject specifically on wiring for the MKS DLC V2.0 board with spare 5v dc like the Cohesion3D wiring configuration. I don’t believe the MKS DLC32 v2.1 has a spare 5v like the DLC V2.0 board that is not specified for other add on options.
Might anyone have a recommendation or experience with MKS board version?

The MKS DLC and MKS DLC23 are substantially different boards.

The MKS DLC is more or less an Arduino Uno with extra hardware installed.

The MKS DLC32 is an ESP32 with extra hardware installed.

There are currently three revisions of the MKS DLC32 V2.1 hardware:

Nothing in the hardware changelog says anything about 5V power:

Therefore, I’ll open the latest revision which is marked as two years old, which is probably right for you, and open the PIN file:

MKS DLC32 V2.1_003 PIN.pdf (77.3 KB)

Look at the probe, limit switches, and EXP1 and you’ll find 5V supplies.

I don’t know what current it can supply; probably not a lot. What do you intend to use the 5V for?

Me neither… Although U4 which takes the input voltage and generates the 5V supply for the board is a MP1584…

MP1584EN.pdf (769.9 KB)

Although it’s rated at 3A, I doubt the pcb and other components and no heat sink, could support that much current draw. Maybe we should look at the value of F2?

:smile_cat:

Struggling with wiring the TB6600 stepper driver to MKS DLC32 support the Z Axis. Followed the wiring diagrams in the manual and on various posts, and still not able get it function with a Nema 23 motor. Referencing the wiring manual, its shows two types of configuration, unfortunately the image I assume is in Chinese. The TB6600 power lights up, no error lights. The active-high configuration references using 5v.

The configuration on the right is “open drain” and is what you probably want.

You can search this site for “open drain” to see other posts about this configuration.