Laser k40+arduinouno+shield

sorry I didn’t write that my k40 is digital, I’m interested in firmaware grbl-lpc because I know my brother well, can I put analog potentiometer on the mks sbase with your firmaware?
can i connect analog ammeter with mks sbase + grbl-lpc? or digital ammeter still works?

can I put analog potentiometer on the mks sbase with your firmaware?
Yes, an analog potentiometer can be used in conjunction with the MKSBase as the power control of the LPS using a potentiometer is independent of the controller or its firmware

can I connect the analog ammeter with mks sbase + grbl-lpc?
Yes, because the two are unrelated

or the digital ammeter still works?
What digital ammeter are you referring to?

my k40 has the digital panel, does the digital panel still work with mks sbase?
or should I put Analog ammeter with mks?
my k40 is this https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B07ZGMRRQS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

See New to K40: Start Here — it doesn’t which panel you have, you want an analog ammeter. See Don's Laser Cutter Things: Replacing the K40's Digital Panel with an Analog one

3 Likes

YES; You can add a milliamp meter to your machine with any type of controller and the digital panel.

Yes, the digital panel works with any controller you choose.

To be clear:

The digital panel:

• DOES NOT in any way connect to the controller.
  • Controls the laser power by providing a fixed signal to the LPS-IN pin proportional to the panels % power setting
  • Does not have a milliamp meter and in no way connects to one if it is added
  • Does not in any way measure laser current. The digital panel and the milli-amp meter are two separate things

The potentiometer:

• The potentiometer replaces the function of the digital % power display and buttons.

The Controller:

• When connected like @cprezzi suggested, provides a dynamic power control signal to the L pin of the LPS only when a job is running.
  • No other connection is made to the LPS, milliamp meter, or digital panel from the controller.
  • The controller operates independent of the digital panel and the milliamp meter

Suggested Starting Configuration

• Use the controller wiring @cprezzi suggested. [this will control the laser during a job]
  • Add/mount a milli-amp meter to the machine somewhere [this will measure laser tube current]
  • Leave the digital panel alone [set static power settings using digital display and associated buttons]

Once this configuration is working you can consider adding a potentiometer.

More detail about the digital panel here:

2 Likes

today my k40 started working, when I turned on the machine I heard a spark noise and then the general house power was blown, only the red button lights up and I hear the suction fan spinning, 5v no, 24v no, led power supply off

fuse ok, power supply ko