Hi, im Trevor from a First Robotics Team in Dover NH USA gwrobotics.net im

I am confident that you could, I am also confident that both are good options, but that is a possible reason.

I just don’t think that buying our one and only 3d printer without a heated bed would later make me regret it… Don’t get me wrong I love the Ultimaker but I just wish it had a heated bed plate.

So I think I’m going to go with the Bukobot because of its upgradability, heated bed plate as well as its lower price point.

Did you ever talk to them? I understand what you mean about heated beds but I don’t know if that’s a “show stopper” for me. I know what you mean though everyone has something they need.

how many materials can you print with no heated bed?

All I need :wink:

@Ultimaker i have been trying to figure out what plastic would be best for us to use and i think PLA would work best for our environment/purposes. i am trying to contact you but the link you gave me doesn’t work. can you help?

i know, i did some heavy research and typed it all out, i finally realized PLA was the better option. THANKS HAL!!

Hey no worries man, I’d rather you have what’s best for you not what I think is best. I can only provide feedback and guidance, you know the way of the old Printer-Fu masters… now as soon as you can take this printed stone from my hand, grasshopper.

hahaha, thank you very much for all your help. it is all priceless. THANKYOU!!

is there a spool holder on the ultimaker?

Of course.

Amazing!! OK so I think I’m finally convinced of the Ultimaker.

@Ultimaker the link you gave me doesn’t work, it ends in a 404.

Nvrmind I just got the email