Hey guys, I recently bought a used red and black 500x700 cutter.

I will get a pic in a few hrs of what I have wired for u to confirm. But right now nothing is hooked up to the sbase, pot works but with p jumped to g laser always in fire mode

Ok if you do not have a PB then let’s skip that for now.
I need to know exactly what is connected where.
We can ignore the controller for now and just get the supply to work.

Exactly my thoughts! I’ll get u pictures and edit to label the wires asap!

You have P connected to G and the pot connected as my drawing shows.
Nothing is on L or T?
In this config it fires all the time?

Yes sir that is correct

Disconnect P, does it fire all the time?

No it does not fire even when L was on my p2.4…I tried on the ground and on pos for p2.4(fan output)…my k40 L goes to neg terminal and the ground goes to the pos terminal…see attached pic. Red wire is L and blue is from g on lps.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uLasH60Fa3f7ENsPHe_i5QX37OvGaZdTpRt3JPvA4aEVLcHXywWJgwTVbmlOUY57Cp0U8nLJKQ

@Chris_Menchions
We do not want the controller connected to the LPS at all for this test?? I am confused as to why are we looking at pictures of the controller?

TOTALLY disconnect the controller from the LPS and set aside.
Post a picture of just the LPS with its wiring clearly in view, pls.

I would like the pot connected to 5V, IN, G as my drawing shows and T,L,P not connected to anything.

Then see if when you turn on the LPS it fires.

Yes I understand…that is controller on my k40. Just showing how L is on ground and ground is on positive of the fan output. Sorry for the confusion.

@Chris_Menchions I am very confused as to what the configuration is right now :).
Is the LPS currently connected to the controller in any way. Can you post a picture of the connections on the LPS?

Yeah…my point was with showing u the controller on the k40 that the L goes to neg on the fan output.

You said to wire the L on the red/black m machine to pos.

I’m just confused as to why the k40 works is all.

We are trying to isolate the LPS and verify that its control works as we expect. Then we will connect the controller?

--------- Starting Step 1: ------
Totally isolate the LPS from the controller: no wires from the controller to the LPS.

No wires on T, L, P.

On the LPS:
Connect the pot across 5V and ground (G) with the wiper (center leg) connected to the IN.
Post a picture of the LPS connector wired like this.

Turn on the supply and see if it fires.

Yes I understand. Let u know in about an hour.

It does NOT constantly fire with the jumper removed from P and G.

1: The picture shows T and P disconnected and the annotation shows that L is not connected either… Y/N?

2: If you plug the connector in like the picture shows it does NOT fire the laser continuously …Y/N?

3: if you only add a wire from the P to ground and plug it in the LPS fires constantly Yes/No?

1:Y-L is not connected
2:Y-No it does not
3:Y-It fires constantly

Hope thats clear enough

Do you have a P and L led on the LPS?

Yes I believe so. I’ll be in the shop in a few. But threes a power and 2 others I believe

@Chris_Menchions
4: Ok when you have P connected to G and T&L are not connected it fires. What state are the P and L Leds in?

5: BTW when you say it fires all the time I assume you mean the laser tube ionizes?