Hey guys, I recently bought a used red and black 500x700 cutter.

@Chris_Menchions Huh…

You measured:
From the P2.4+ to the VDD (+12 or +24VDC) and you got an open?
You may be missing a power jumper. But not to worry because I do not think you want this pin anyway.

The P2.4- may read open as hopefully it is the drain of a MOSFET.

--------------------
Lets move on to the wiring:
FYI This supply looks like it has the same connections as yours?

_ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MYJG150W-new-CO2-laser-power-supply-150W-with-signal-fault-diagnosis-voltage-regulator-and-LED-display/32792418545.html _

Below is my recommendations for wiring.

Once wired I would leave the wire to P2.4- open and test the setup by grounding it.
With P at ground (enable switch and interlocks etc closed) the laser should fire when the wire on L is touched to ground.

Then you can hook up the controller and try it …

Google Photos

I tested the+/-of p2.4. Sorry.

That is my psu yes!

Ok I will follow the instructions tomorrow after work and let you know. Thanks

Also where the 5k resistor I’m adding a 5k pot just to confirm with you.

@Chris_Menchions that is a 5K pot ;)? Note the wiper …

I’m a bit slow lol

Ok so wired as your diagram the laser is always firing. this is hooked to 2.4 pos terminal.
without P and G it doesn’t fire which is correct.

@Chris_Menchions does it fire all the time if you remove the smoothie’s PWM wire?

I will check tomorrow

On my k40 L is on ground p2.4 and gnd is on positive but it’s a different board that’s an smini…like sbase but without heat bed mosfet.

I did try to wire it that way and well it shorts out of course. Wonder if the board is bad…

@Chris_Menchions first lets take the board out of the circuit. With L on the LPS connector “DISCONNECTED” and everything else wired as my drawing shows does the laser fire all the time?

Ok I’ll do that this evening and get back to you.

Yes it fires when not hooked up to the sbase. P is still tied to G

Hopefully the psu isn’t fried. I seen it working a while back on the stock controller.

Could the psu be labeled incorrectly?

I doubt it’s labeled wrong. We have something keeping the LPS enabled.

Leaving the controller wire disconnected.
Now disconnect the T wire from the supply and see if it fires all the time?

Btw what kind of pushbutton do you have on the T connection and what pins are u using the NC or NO connections?

I have nothing going to T. Never did hook anything to that. Only terminals I touched were L, p, g, in, 5v.

I have a guy with similar machine and psu going to send me pics of his but where this is not going to be the same controller I dunno what good it will do.

Where would T go to?

I’m confused did you wire per the drawing I posted?
Can you draw for me your version of what is currently wired?.

Sorry I’m not using any pushbutton. I just want to get it running bare min then I’ll hook up the interlock and test fire.

What is nc and no?

I did wire it like the diagram except I left t unhooked as I don’t even have a button purchased yet. The P is short wire I jumped to G.

Once I confirm it functions properly I was going to connect the door switch etc and add a test button.