Help with a Zbaitu controller

Hi all, I’m new here
I’ve recently bought Zbaitu S60 36W laser.
One day I switched from LightBurn to LaserGRBL and for some reason the machine settings are completely broken, not even the original file makes the machine react anymore.

I don’t know what board is this, but is shows as a MKS DLC32 :

Does anyone know how to restore the settings? Backups also don’t work

I’m sure nothing physical on the machine is broken, but not sure if the board itself has something burnt

Thanks to anyone answering, really can’t figure this out

Given that Zbaitu have posted spam here in the past (and we therefore have some spam protection in place targeted at them), they must be able to respond to support requests online too… :smiley:

Have you asked them?

2 Likes

yeah I had long conversations with them, they told me the board is a MKS232 but that brings me nowhere… it doesn’t seem to exist

Oh, but they weren’t willing to help, or send a new board if they weren’t able to come up with a fix?

There’s an MKS DLC32. I can’t tell from your picture whether it’s the same board. The first product listing I saw for it explicitly called out supporting both Lightburn and LaserGRBL.

2 Likes

did anything in that long conversation point you to the default firmware and default settings?
BTW, if it’s GRBL there are a couple of codes you can send it to flush out existing settings and restore the shipped defaults.

search this page for RST Grbl V1.1 Quick Reference – SainSmart.com

2 Likes

Update :

They sent me another microcontroller board for free, I’ve just received recently and will install it soon.
They have a great post sales service to be honest

1 Like

Good to Hear you had help.
My 700 dollar laser engraver sits on my wall as a reminder of how bad zbaitu are in warranty issues.
I built one my self from parts for half the price .
I spent countless hours trying to explain that their 80w laser was not working .
They want lots of pictures …of it not working

Then a video of it not working …

Eventually We give up …just as we are predicted to do .

How can you get support from Zbaitu ? no answer to any emails at all known email addresses and support line from their home page.

Just bought a M81 when first switched on laser came on at 100% power.
Burnt a neat hole in my table.

If it can burn a hole so fast it must be a very nice machine.

Have not found the cause.

Machine was assembled, sorted out wiring because the documentation does not mention it at all.

Laser connection is keyed plug on both ends with three wires. No way to connect wrongly.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon ? I think it is pretty dangerous behavior.

Wondering if I too have a very expensive wall ornament.

Does the controller board power up when you plug it into your USB port of your computer? ie don’t connect external 12V to the machine, just plug in the USB and see if you can communicate with the controller. Or see if the LEDs come on.

If the LEDs do come on, you should be able to check the GRBL settings to see if there is a firmware configuration issue. If it doesn’t power up, then I would disconnect the laser then power it up and start looking at the GRBL settings to see if it’s configured wrong.

I have no idea who Zbaitu is, where they are or how to get in touch with them.

Be aware that because zbaitu have spammed us, every time they are mentioned in a post or comment, that post or comment is held for review. Sorry about that! :cry:

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your response.

No, the board does not power up with only USB connected. If I unplug the laser then all movements in all direction are fine. Can read the settings without problems.

If the laser is connected it comes on at 100% power when system is powered on, burning a neat hole in the table. Looks to me the driver board on the laser is bad, I dont have a way to test that.

This is their website https://zbaitu.store/.

The reviews were good so I bought it. Bad choice is seems now.