Hello! I am working on a project with 2560 pixels running on Artnet over

@Yves_BAZIN no, the wrong pixels are still there! i did an other setup with jinx, but the pixels wont go away…
there is no subnet in use

@Yves_BAZIN the wrong pixels are not on the display if i make a clean “switch on” of the controller and the ledpanels. but after i switch on the animation the wrong pixels are there … the wrong pixels are also there if i switch off the output in jinx!

@Stef_Weicks these pixels are put because we seem to push ‘nothing correct in the last universe’ that is really strange that we see 17 universes received and that Jynx only sends 16
instead of 500 put 480 and try that first
can you save the mapping of jynx in a file ? and put it on gist ?

n@Stef_Weicks not 500 neither 480 but 160 !!! (a universe is 170 long)

@Yves_BAZIN
OUI, c´est bien! Perfect! Now it works!!!

Thank you so much !!!

@Stef_Weicks
Great Job !!!
thank you post a nice video of it working i would love to see it live!!
but there is still something to investigate. when you have time i would love to see the mapping file from jinx
I am on a mac so no Jinx for me :frowning:

@Yves_BAZIN OK i will make a video… but at first I have to assemble and solder it. Without your help, I would never have come so far thank you again.
i will see… mapping file …hm … there is only a autosave.dat
but no log files as far i see.

@Stef_Weicks you’re welcome that is why this community is here :wink:
BTW you can comment the debugging lines :wink:

Thank you again … the panel is so beautiful! but nothing against your great Pixelwall @Yves_BAZIN !! :slight_smile:
Today i got it ready … now I only have to find a place to hang it on the wall.
Soon i will try this thing with madrix and resolume maybe it works…

Is it possible to play animations from a sdcard to my ESP32?
I have a program-code for the ESP8266 which can write files from jinx (* .dat) to a sd-card and the controller can read the files afterwards.

Maybe you already have such a code… because the animation and the outputs have to match together in the right order of the panels.

here you are … the 2 right panels are a little bit darker because they are from an other manufacturer, i ordered two new ones which will arrive in a few days or weeks
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Stef_Weicks I don’t have personally but
If you look around here I remember someone doing something like that.
Or give me the code it should be pretty straight forward to modify it. My guess is couple of lines changes will be enough to have it run on an esp32.

@Stef_Weicks it looks so neat well done !!
It will look fantastic when hung
With 80x32 you could do a 4 people Tetris battle :wink:

@Yves_BAZIN … i uploaded this code, its to save the animations from jinx to a sd card on the controller:

and this one is to play it back:

yea a Tetris battle would be nice, i will use this code too! :smiley:

@Stef_Weicks that want I thought a .dat is nothing more than the same data send via the artnet saved in raw format. The changes will be to translate from the neopixel library command to the FastLED ones once out of the gym I’ll do it :wink:

@Yves_BAZIN No problem and please don´t stress you because of this! it would be really grate if it would work so i could include it in my sketch.

i could sent you the autosave.dat of my jinx if you want … i didn’t find any other log files or so.
you said i should comment the debugging lines … you meant of your last file? https://gist.github.com/hpwit/8069a68336453b106c9bc3ebf751d756

@Stef_Weicks yes line 106 can de deleted by the way
and in the file Artnet.cpp I made you add
Serial.printf(“Universe:%d length:%d\n”,incomingUniverse,dmxDataLength);
you can comment or delete that line

@Stef_Weicks to read

to save

you will need the new version of the arnet library

i have done simple modification to ease the code

the write function write the 1000 first frames (line 149)

I don’t have a set up with an SD card but this should work
let me know

thanx @Yves_BAZIN till now i tried the code to save jinx files on the sdcard.
it works partly … a savedata.dat is on the card but the file has 0kB and i opened it with the editor … there is nothing in it.
so … the recording starts when the SD-card is found and stops when the artnet output is stopped?

@Stef_Weicks inndeed the recording stops when the artnet is stopped
line 153
myFile.write(artnet.getframe(),NUM_LEDS*sizeof(CRGB));
chanege that for
myFile.write(artnet.getframe());
let me know
erase the file for the SD before starting again

@Yves_BAZIN i tried it again but its still 0kB … hm
the receiving led on the controller is blinking while recording and stops if i stop on jinx. so its transmitting correctly i think but not writing correctly… but the file is on the card afterwards??