I started building my Spider V2 in the summer of 2015. I fiddled around with it on and off for about a year and had everything mechanically working about 95%. Had some movement, but never reached a point to try to print anything. Then life happened… I wasn’t doing much 3D printing at all for a few years, and the minimal printing I was doing was handled on my old Chinese i3. The Spider just lived in the back of the closet.
Now that I’m at home with nothing but time on my hands, I decided to finally get it up and running. And the first Benchy just came off the bed.
The pictures don’t really do it justice, but it looks great, especially for this being the first print complete print ever. Already better than anything that’s come off my Chinese printer.
Anyway, really looking forward to messing around with it some more and really get it dialed it. Feels great to finally finish a 5 year old project…