Fall Cleaning: Categories

In order to make it easier to find your way around Maker Forums, we’re doing a bit of category rearrangement. There will be more improvements to come, but for now you’ll see that several categories — Site Help / Feedback included — have moved into a Community parent category and are grouped together at the top of the page.

Some of our existing category structure is an accidental reflection of Google+, and really is just extra complexity here, so hopefully making things a bit more streamlined will make them easier to find as well as clearer which category to use when posting.

Feel free to share your thoughts here…

2 Likes

My opinion,
Don’t sweat it too much, This is my goto site. everybody is friendly/respectful and we can spill our mistakes and show our Great works. There are

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

Site leadership have been reviewing changes, but sometime in the next week or three I’ll probably have a staging site up that everyone can look at and raise possible issues. I do plan to give folks who care a chance to look at the organization before we actually move wholesale.

I will be doing that move as part of some larger work to replace the VM that Maker Forums runs on with a new one, so when that all happens some time this fall or so, we’ll have hours of read-only access and probably bits of downtime as I move us from one server to the new one. No real plans yet for timing on that other than probably this calendar year…