Contiguous 41 States

This clearly needs to be turned into a laser-cut and engraved cursed geography puzzle…

2 Likes

I was actually contemplating doing that. My daughter is a Geography major and I shared this with her the other day. She was like “What?”, then “Wait a min, OK isn’t a four corner state” :rofl:. Took her awhile to find the last one, DE, but it is one of the tiny ones :wink:

1 Like

Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.

1 Like

Can I be proud of catching DE quick then? :wink:

If you do, you have to share the SVG :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is New Mexico? And South and North Dakota???

2 Likes

23 years ago,I drove from Tucson Arizona to Miami, and visited several places in between. I remember going to the late NM, to visit the Very Large Array telescope, Roswell of course, and I also stumbled upon the grave of Billy the Kid, in a very remote place.

Now they’re gone forever, thanks to Alaska :thinking:

2 Likes

And to Hawaii! Don’t forget Hawaii! :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to see a similar map of Europe, forgetting small countries or states, such as Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, Vatican city, etc… Would be fun, and I guess no one would even notice

1 Like

What’s impressive is that xkcd didn’t drop the smallest state (Rhode Island) but dropped mostly moderately large ones. It would be like dropping maybe Poland, Czechia, Hungary, and Switzerland from a map of Europe, I suppose.

1 Like