Chilipepper serial json for Raspberry PI4

tryin to load serial json for chilipepper to PI4 board.
has anyone every tried this? Followed the instructions on Github.
Came back w/ error from pi prompt: Did not like the first wget come.
Thanks in advance. Trying to use pi4 as controller for GRBL cnc.

Did you grab the binary? What version? Hopefully from GitHub release page.

I just updated the releases page with a better wget statement:

wget https://github.com/chilipeppr/serial-port-json-server/releases/download/v1.96/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm.tar.gz

I just did this with the new link and it works great. Unfortunately some of the other lines in the instructions have typos.

To un zip the gz file the instruction says to use gzid, which of course should be gzip. Then the untar line references the original file with the .gz on the end, which of course doesn’t exist any more since it was unzipped. Use the file name without the .gz.

After that it installs properly and works well.

Chilipeppr on the rpi 4 works very well, now I just have to find a fairly sealed fanless aluminum case for the 4.

I’m running using chromium which is the default browser in the new raspbian. The response seems almost as good as my big xeon system, I am very impressed. This is the 2 gig of memory version.

John S.

Hmm. Good catch again. My auto release script apparently has typos in it! I just updated. Thanks for the feedback.

Here a is a very good one (heat dissipation)
Flirc for rpi4

I just ordered one. But when when you order one it automatically adds their IR receiver into the cart. You have yo go in and delete it. I find that a little under handed of them.

John S.

Just tried to load up serial json for PI4. everything worked until I came to this command: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm
pi@raspberrypi:~/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm $ chmod 777 serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm
chmod: cannot access ‘serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm’: No such file or directory
Getting closer tried to resolve this error. I did not have any success. Thanks in advance for your help, Allen

Just skip that step. It makes the binary executable, but it likely already shows as executable.

This is my results w/ next command: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm
pi@raspberrypi:~/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm $ sudo ./serial-port-json-server
sudo: ./serial-port-json-server: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm $ sudo ./serial-port-json-server -createstartupscript
sudo: ./serial-port-json-server: command not found
Allen

Do an “ls” in that directory and what does it output for you?

pi@raspberrypi:~/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm $ ls
arduino README.md sample-cert.pem sample-key.pem serial-port-json-server

Ahh, I think I know. Do chmod 777 serial-port-json-server instead of chmod 777 serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm and then you’ll get that binary executable and that solves the next error you’re seeing.

John that seams to allow the rest of the commands to operate. Checking to see if it will find the port in CP, Thanks, I’m new to pi and linux; Allen

I am am new to this, I have been trying to load this with that command for two days at work and I can’t get by the first line that you posted above, the https is highlighted in red with a syntax error: invalid syntax. I am guessing that I don’t have wget installed but I can’t install that either.

Hmm. Can you post a screenshot?

image sorry don’t know what the allowed size is, I cant just do a screenshot because I don’t have a connection here at work but now I something different maybe due to restart.
If you cant read it at the bottom it has certificate’s owner does not match host name ‘github.com

I think you can do a non-SSL version of that link to download the file. Maybe try that as a workaround.

http://github.com/chilipeppr/serial-port-json-server/releases/download/v1.96/serial-port-json-server-1.96_linux_arm.tar.gz

You probably have a corporate proxy that takes over all outgoing SSL. You can hope your corporate proxy is doing its job right and get no worse security than a non-secure http URL by providing the --no-check-certificate option to wget.

Yes I am at work doing this and have had other problems too. Tried to connect to my phones hotspot and that does not work either, the password that works at home does not work and I am on cell service not WiFi.