Adding a circuit Breaker for K40

Hi Everyone! I’m new to the forum and just got my new K40 installed yesterday in the garage. I’ve got a nice setup (at least thus far), I found an old free cabinet that the laser fits perfectly on and I can put a little air compressor and 5 gallon bucket underneath for the air assist and cooling. Can anyone tell me the max current draw of this little guy? I need to put an outlet near my laser and I would like to put a stand alone circuit breaker panel for added safety right next to the machine.

I super excited to get cutting, hopefully by the end of today, I’m a college student on winter break and I’m trying to start a business!

1 Like

If your machine is built like mine there is a fuse integrated into the input plug.
I have found that to be sufficient protection.

2 Likes

I had two 20 amp circuits installed in my garage. 15 amp will suffice but I wanted to make sure I had enough and not overload the plugs.

This was to also run anything else related to the laser. Not just the laser itself.

2 Likes

Thank you! I plan on also running my compressor (a little 6 gallon Ridgid compressor), the fish tank pump and a dremel or whatever tools that I’m gonna need fix the K40 off of the same outlet so I’ll go with 20 amps. What does your setup look like?

1 Like

I have moved up to a 60 watt laser with a 20 x 28 inch bed.

I have sold the two K40s mentioned in the post below.

1 Like

Thats awesome! It sounds like alot of people on the forum such as yourself have a ton of experience when I have many questions

3 Likes

That is the whole reason for this forums existence. It is to help others have as much fun as we do!

3 Likes