My name is Larry and I am a laser hoarder! I just purchased a

My name is Larry and I am a laser hoarder!

I just purchased a 60 watt laser to go with my two K40s and one 2.4W solid state laser (on my cnc X-Carve)

Christmas came early :)… nice looking unit. Are you going to keep the controller or modify?

You have done the most important thing… Accept who you really are :slight_smile:

@donkjr ​ it comes with a DSP controller. I will play with it and decide what to do next.

@HalfNormal ​ that dsp will play very nice with Lightburn

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty ​ I was wondering about that. Now I’m excited to try Lightburn.

You are catching up to me, I have a 60W 500 X 400 bed, K40, Redsail LE400 50W, and a 3.5W diode engraver (approx 2’ X 4’ work area) Had another K40 untill about 4 -5 weeks ago, sold it.

@funinthefalls you sir are in another league

Looking at getting a 100W laser to round out my Laser farm.

@funinthefalls ​ Now you tell me! I need to see if I can cancel my 60 and get a 130!

Trust me, you will love LightBurn, so very easy to use, and fast, files that have taken 45 minutes to load in an Opensource package are loading in 2-3 seconds in LightBurn. It is very optimized, the developer used to be a video game developer where everything was as fast and compact as could be.

I have a K40 and an X-Carve follow your steps.

Careful! You might step in something!

That’s a beauty. My life will be complete once I have one of these sitting in my workshop.

Does this machine engrave on glass cups

Yes but you need to purchase a rotation base for another $100.00

@HalfNormal in your opinion is this machine worth it? Or is there a better machine in your opinion or around the same price? Does the machine have any flaws? Have you ever engraved on glass? I do etching on glass is almost the same as laser engraver? Sorry for all the questions it’s just I’m really interested in a laser machine that fits my needs.

I personally think it has been a great machine for the price. 60 watts does what I need. It has no problem with glass. I had to invest $100 extra for a rotary table. I also purchased LightBurn for $80.00. You might be happy with RDWorks but they do not have the support of LB.

@HalfNormal witch rotary table is for this machine

@Inland_Empire_Engrav This is the one I purchased.