Acrylic Madness!

So my newest addiction comes from trying to find out a way to preserve snake skin on a project. In my search, I found out about UV cure acrylic. I have not done the snake skin project but this is my second try at using the UV acrylic on a project.

2 Likes

That’s a very flexible prescription. I’d think at least q1d would be advisable? :grin:

My family have been playing with two-part resin. Is UV-cured less of a mess by any chance?

2 Likes

UV is less mess but you cannot do very thick pours. You have to do it in layers.

2 Likes

Nicely done. :man_health_worker:

1 Like

What materials do you use. I have never tried this process.

I used UV cure acrylic, silicone mold, some glitter, a cheap charm, water slide paper for the text, and some pigment all from Amazon. Amazon has some nice starter kits starting at only $20 for everything you need to get hooked. Of course, YouTube is filled with tutorials. Be warned, it can become very addictive!

1 Like

Any links?

This is just one of many available. Of course you can buy everything separate if you don’t want what’s in the kit. I just went nuts and bought a bunch of molds, resin and assorted accoutrements!

https://www.amazon.com/Catcrafter-Epoxy-Resin-Set-Beginners/dp/B08RNL54CP/ref=mp_s_a_1_22?dchild=1&keywords=UV+acrylic+mold+starter+kit&qid=1630698448&sr=8-22

1 Like

I would think that you could use some of the resin that are used for 3D printing as well.

1 Like

That thought had crossed my mind.

1 Like

This was my first try.
20210903_215206

1 Like

Walmart was selling a kid’s toy that used uv-cured resin in molds to make jewellery I bought one for my daughter when she went to use it the resin was all hardened in the containers so we use some of my 3D printing resin and it worked great

2 Likes