While I have some new boards coming in in a few weeks,

While I have some new boards coming in in a few weeks, I’m still trying to keep my main printer alive with its Printrboard. Unfortunately I’ve run into some strange issues with it as of late.

1. the resonance artifact that you can see across the entire side of the prints shown. I thought it might be mechanical ringing but it doesn’t subside as the print goes on. It’s only on y axis moves meaning it’s the x axis wavering. Anyone run into this? I’m at a loss. Not an allegro driver expert.

2. When I upgraded to TR8 leadscrews, I had to adjust the steps per mm, but the value that ended up being correct was 800 with 1.8 deg steppers and what was shown on the board as 1/8 microstepping. The solder jumpers however seem like they are connected fine and should give 1/16 microstepping. Now sure how this someone changed.

Anyone run into these issues before? Would love some light shed so that I can keep this machine alive for the time being.

Adjust vref?

@Nathan_Walkner did the 45 test and it still resonates. Its definitely one axis. Accel, jerk, and belts have been checked. I might mess with the current a little to see if thats an issue.

Current would cause missed steps or overheating (again leading to missed steps), not ringing.

Bearing wearing out?

You have a second nozzle scraping your stuff? If not a nozzle, something else scraping?

@NathanielStenzel nope! Single nozzle extrusion. At this point I am 90% sure that its a driver. I will switch the x and y axis’ to see if the issue also shifts.

Are the patterns also visible in a gcode preview?

Off topic, but that blue print on the right looks tremendously bored with the whole thing…

@NathanielStenzel no they are not. Tried in Cura and Simplify. What has thrown me off is that this is an issue that occurred on a machine that was not upgraded. It just went from perfectly fine to this in one day.

Does something wiggle more than it should? Cartesion or delta? More pictures of the prints? Number of shells used?

Did the axis switch and it indeed stayed on the same axis, which rules out the board. I have one mount that seems a little warped so I am trying to reprint that and see if it helps. Standby

What is slightly to the side of the nozzle? Have you tried a z-hop? I really think you are dragging the nozzle or another item on the print and then leaving a groove. When you hit the groove, you make another groove. Repeating a number of times till it fades away. It might make the most sense if the object dragging is not the nozzle but something else. You should hear it when you print. That annoying scraping sound.