What's your nozzle hole size?

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty did you actually build/buy a printer yet? To me, your polls seem like a fast and efficient way of preparing for such a decision.

@NathanielStenzel ​ I have built many, then take them apart and build another. This pols are a good resource for new users and experienced one’s, there always something to learn from others experience. Specially when you share the reason of your choosing.

…Never ask about another man’s nozzle size…

0.5mm

I’m actually in the market for a 0.2mm MK8/9 nozzle.

.3 and .6 Dual head and as stated above depends what im printing

@Joseph_Larson The devil why would you want a nozzle that small? Find a friend with an SLA machine :slight_smile:

@Ryan_Carlyle I use a 0.25 from E3D and its great. Nothing wrong with small nozzles if you want detail.

@Daniel_Bull 0.25 is about the lowest I would ever recommend with FDM. People have gone lower but we’re really using the wrong tech for ultra-fine work. This stuff is an exponential relationship, the extrusion backpressure and print times rise MUCH faster than the detail gained.

@Joseph_Larson ​ that 0.2mm nozzle hole sounds like jam city and an eternity to wait on every print

@Ryan_Carlyle ahhh, that sounds reasonable. I found that some materials worked better than others with the 0.25 and in the end settled on 0.3 for regular use.

If we got elongated nozzle holes to work, we may not need to worry as much about nozzle hole sizes.

@NathanielStenzel elongated… Like an oval orifice? What do you mean?

@Ryan_Carlyle oval or what you get when you put two circles between two parallel lines

@NathanielStenzel Oval nozzle hole? can you explain the benefits of that .would give different extrusion width in x and y. Swivel nozzle?

@Jan_erik_Halvorsen swivel nozzle. Choose the angle of approach to choose your extrusion thickness. To say the least though, manufacturing and software would be more complex.

A star-shaped nozzle creates a better bond. Like cake.

0.5 mm why is not in the options?

Shawn this is just for you