What's your nozzle hole size?

What’s your nozzle hole size? If other please add bellow

I have 0.25 up to 1.0 but use 0.4 most.

.5mm

I use everything from 0.35mm to 1.5mm. have lately printed PETG with 1mm and 1.5mm. All my nozzles are DIY mostly stainless steel.

0.5mm

I think I had a 0.2mm too at one time.

0.4 & 0.8, depending on what I’m printing.

0.4mm about 80% of the time. 0.3mm 15% and 0.2 the remaining 5%. I swap out the nozzles depending on the required detail resolution of the parts I’m printing.

@Jeff_Parish & @Ax_Smith-Laffin - I’m the same on my E3D: 0.4 and 0.8.

Mostly 0.8 for big parts. I am starting to really like the ‘fat layer’ look.

.4, .8, and 1.0 on 1.75 filament
@Jan_erik_Halvorsen ​ you run on 3.0 filament for your 1.5 nozzle or for everything? I tried 1.25 nozzle on 1.75 filament but I could see the extruder marks on the output

.5mm

0.2(10%), 0.5(60%), 0.8(30%)
Delta/1.75 E3D v5, lite, volcano/PG35L “flying” extruder on 150mm bowden

0.10mm to 1.0mm serveral sizes (and nozzle materials) used here for different types of jobs.

0.3 is my favourite but I often use 0.4 on larger parts.

@david_merten Have used 1.75mm but 3mm is preferable.

Another, quite pointless, questionnaire. Pointless because there is no one answers. I have nozzles from 0.2 up to 1mm and i switch them, depending on the part i have to print. 0.4 is something of a default for me, 0.25 for smaller prints with fine details and 0.8 - 1.2mm for large prints.

@Carsten_Muller i will say its very valuable. There’s lot to learn from this, if you cant see it im sorry. I have the same amount of nozzles that you have

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty Yeah, the value is in the eye of the beholder.

What is your takeaway from this questionnaire? From my point of view the asked question is kind of pointless. You now know, that the mostly used nozzle lies in the center of a bell curve. :slight_smile: But maybe thats what you wanted to check.
For me the question “why?” is more important than the question “what?”.

@Carsten_Muller The why? will come later. First you need to know that you can change the nozzle else there will be no Why question

What this questionnaire tells me is that most people don’t change their stock 0.4mm nozzle. I love 0.5, it lets you extrude much faster and prints look nearly identical to 0.4.