What mistakes am I about to make?

What mistakes am I about to make?
http://imgur.com/WbAJTDq

check out the diagrams and schematics here:

As a star …You have 24V on the LPS pin L …?? If I am reading this right that will blow up the supply?

Woah thanks. Anything else?

Is this a Cohesion 3D board? Not familiar with the edge connector nomenclature.
I don’t see a PWM signal from the smoothie to the “L” pin or anywhere?

Its just a nanoM2 board I am replacing. I used your diagram to make mine. I am really frustrated because I spent hours trying to make sure everything was wired correctly. I can’t get the opto sensors to work. I have continuity to the breakout on the other end of the ribbon cable in the k40 for all the pins but the smoothie just doesn’t see it.

@Kris_Backenstose have you looked at this:

You have to make sure that 5V is going to the endstops correctly and they are on the right smoothie pins.

What smoothie board are you using?

smoothie 1.0b I just measured the pins and YL and XL have 5v all the time.

@Kris_Backenstose
I do not know what a smoothie 1.0B is? Can you post picture.

Your FTC connector is not the same pin out as my schematic above.

There is no Yendstop on the last pin (12). The Y endstop is over next to the X Home on pin 9.

The 5V that I am referring to is on pin 10.

If the X and Y enstops are reading 5 V even when the sensor is interrupted (slid to each extreeme) then … well that is weird.

I also have no sense for physically where the end stops are wired to the smoothie board.

oh wow this wiring is totally wrong for YL,XL,B-,B+,A-,A+,5V,

I had it transposed. Didn’t realize the ribbon is conductive only on one side.

@Kris_Backenstose

This is the obligatory “I told you so” message

from the blog: http://donsthings.blogspot.com/2016/06/k40-s-middleman-board-interconnect.html

“Note: the pins on this connector are reversed from the other end due to the nature of the FFC connector and single sided cable, its complex to describe, hope this picture helps.”

I did the same thing :slight_smile: :frowning:

LOL

Finally got motion working but the X stepper was having a seizure. Finally figured out it was a bad molex connector I made.

Soldered in a new Y photo sensor only to find out it still won’t work. AARRrrrrhghghhg

@Kris_Backenstose why a new Ysensor?

I replaced the opto sensor with a mechanical switch right away, always works for me without fail and an easy wire as it is just an interruptor.