Weird issue, I tried activating Z lift,

Weird issue, I tried activating Z lift, and suddenly my prints looked underextruded and were stretched vertically. It looks like it is lifting on a G10, but not dropping back down on a G11. Anyone seen this before?

it seems as if you are missing steps on Z axis. Maybe too much acceleration or too high Z speed? (not going down enough). I have not used z-lift on smoothie though, so I do not know if it could be firmware related.

It’s possible, but I didn’t hear any skipping, and this would mean that it’s skipping going down, but going up. The opposite seems more likely.

@Whosa_whatsis did you calibrate the z axis? I had the same problem with my printer where the z axis would go down to far on each layer making it stretch on the vertical plane. And when you calibrate the z axis I would do X and Y at the same time. I recommend this file on thingiverse and I would following his instructions for the calibration.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:195604

Yes, I correctly calibrated my Z axis. This problem only happened when I activated Z lift on retraction.

FWIW I’ve used zlift for years and never had an issue. Send me the gcode file so I can check it isn’t doing something bad between the G10 and G11, like slic3r used to. BTW slic3r now has a smoothie flavor which fixes that.