We need to post all the positive things that home 3d printing does and

I respect cultural difference but killing people is plain wrong

@Nils_Hitze remember no gun ever kills without an operator.

@Derrick_Oswald_curmu I actually only own 1 gun. It is a sport shotgun that has only ever been fired at clay. It is kept unloaded in a safe, action open. All ammunition (I actually don’t keep ammo) would be kept in a separate safe. I have operated, cleaned, and stowed most action types and utilities. I personally don’t believe that guns should be used in self defense against humans, but in the US there are places where defending yourself or your property against animals is necessary.

At one time I lived in such a location. Now I do not. I would love to discuss this with either of you in some other capacity.

Gun deaths are unfortunate, but in many cases weapons are a necessary position. If you have any questions about responsible gun ownership, gun culture, or would like to have an intellectual discussion regarding the subject, I am willing and able to do so. I would also like to learn more about your cultures as well. ( @Nils_Hitze I do plan on visiting Germany in the near future as I grew up in a community of mostly German or Norwegian immigrants)

Stop being so damn tolerant, you ruin my prejudice against you. Yes i would love to talk this topic down further over a beer. There is too much short sighted, narrow minded, prejudice bs in this on the Internet (and my inner troll needs to be controlled better)

Lol, see I grew up in a really sheltered “redneck” community. Lots of racism and intolerance, I have spent most of my life learning about other cultures and assisting in cultural melding. This is one of the few times that my culture was the foreign subject so it was interesting.

@Nils_Hitze I’ll join you at the pub some day. Intellectual discussions are my favorite, especially heated ones. And if I couldn’t spot trolling, or deal with sort sighted prejudice I don’t deserve to be on any forums.

@Sanjay_Mortimer not an issue for the states , you ALREADY have over 300 million firearm in circulation for a population of 255 millions , when i see lineups in front of foundries to melt weapons then i’ll start thinking maybe the states are serious about this , in the mean time YOUR problem is overfolowing in your neighbours , along with creationisim , geez guns and god , even a better mix then booze and a wheel , more like meth and a 747 if you ask me

@Sanjay_Mortimer my comment is not about 3d printing , it’s about the morbid bonner americans have about guns , i’m canadian and a very vast majority of guns that are in our streets come from NY state.
i’m working on my own repstrap and yes , the possibilities are endless , regulating it is useless , but i find that printing a gun is stupid ,both because a gun is made to arm another living thing , and because with a proper 3d printer i can think so so many and much more lethal things to do with this technology , i.e printing is a baby step compared to where it can (and most probably will ) go