Warning about Lumenier 5.8Ghz Video Transmitters: In their inifnite wisdom,

Warning about Lumenier 5.8Ghz Video Transmitters: In their inifnite wisdom, lumenier made a channel called ‘E’, a lot like the ‘Boscam E’ that I find on my 6 other VTX and 5 other FPV googles, except not really.
6 of the 8 the channel numbers on their E match boscam E, and the other ones are totally different frequencies.
What kind of madness is this?
I caused a poor guy to crash after he lost his video because I checked that E8 was free, booted my newly installed lumenier on E8 and it came on a channel very close to Boscam E1.
Seriously Lumenier? What were you thinking?

Check the frequencies on lumenier E on the top table.
Sorry lumenier, but I’m not buying anymore VTX from you, this is utter BS (and then there is also the fact that my 600mW VTX from them taxes exactly 7 times more electrical power in watts than it outputs in RF power. 7 times? Really? My 2W VTX for compatison "only: uses 3X more. No wonder that 600mW lumenier VTX gets sooo hot, even with a bit radiator on it.

I reported this to @GetFPV I bought this VTX from, but of course it’s not their fault, they are only reselling that stuff. Hopefuly they can put prominent warnings on them that the frequencies don’t quite match.

Which model of vtx? I just got a couple a few months ago and haven’t installed them yet.

I tried both the 600mW one with raceband and the one that also offered selecting power from 25mW to 600mW

They took out the two edge frequencies, allegedly because they might be out of range for some? I’m not sure that’s true though, especially for a HAM licensed user.

So there are actually two variants of the E band and they are not the only ones using this version of the E band. Ran into this before and was similary miffed by it. One more reason to switch to raceband.

@Jaime_Visser damn, more than 2 E band with different frequency mappings? Well that’s not confusing… Although again, making a different E8 that is super close to and conflicts with E1 is just a stupid move.
Agreed on Race Band, sadly only a single of my 4 FPV headsets supports it :frowning: My favourite headset is Skyzone 3D (which I do use for 3D on occasion). I don’t think there is a way to change the frequency bands in it :-/