Vigotec NEJE problems

Hi all , I have and issue with my laser engraver, I,m running a Vigotec 3018 witha NEJE 30W modulke, it has been working really well up until yesterday, the machine itslef will run a programme, but it is,nt firing up the laser head, when I mainline the laser head on 24v it lights up good and strong , but as soon as I pug it into the board , nothing, now , I would say myself that the board is fried , however I have a brand new board which I have tried and it is throwing up the same results, I’ve checked the wires , they are fine ,any ideas would be welcome , thanks in advance John.

I thought these modules ran on 12V.
Specs suggest 12V @ 3A?

Laser module drivers are essentially a fixed-current high-power DC buck converter with a switchable output.

I suspect the driver circuit in most will actually handle 24 volts with ease, but a few will not; and it’s not a risk I’d take… my 24v CNC has a seperate 12V rail for the laser module.

More Importantly, most modules have a permanent fan that is simply connected to Vin. Driving a 12v fan at 24v will work, but somewhat briefly. And when it finally fails you will overheat the module.

1 Like