Version 4.0.721 Frontend & 4.0.63 Backend for Windows and OSX are out.

Version 4.0.721 Frontend & 4.0.63 Backend for Windows and OSX are out. https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb4-Binaries

Frontend: Thanks @Jorge_Robles

• Display version number at the top of the app
  • Added A axis for Rotary under Laser Raster ( please test and report )
  • Restored advanced Laser Raster options
  • Bug fixes

Backend: Thanks @cprezzi

• Updated TinyG support ( please test )
  • Serial port auto-detection / auto-refresh

Yes!!! Just what I was waiting for!!! Thanks @cprezzi:slight_smile:

Was able to jog the Ox around with the TinyG board

@Alex_Krause Cool. There is still an issue with the speed. It looks like the queue buffer machanism for TinyG is not correctly working yet, but I will look into that.

TinyG does not have a “Laser Mode” yet, so movement stops on each S-value change, which basically makes it non usable for raster engraving, but should be ok for cnc-milling.

Which stepper output does the rotary A axis default to? I have a rotary for my mill but I think it’s too tall to fit but I can rig something up pretty fast to test this.

@Jim_Fong you’ll need to have an A axis stepper driver. for more info look here https://plus.google.com/112715413804098856647/posts/MzLgrRYXjFK

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty have plenty of spare stepper drivers. Found the config info in the link. Thanks.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty

Loaded up latest edge firmware cnc. Modified config.txt to add the ABC axis and turned off extruder axis with “false”

wired up a stepper and hooked it up to the Z axis to test. I can jog the stepper with the z buttons. That verifies I made the stepper wiring right.

Moved the stepper driver/motor over to the “A” axis on the Cohesion3d Mini and configured the A axis pins as
Step 2.3
Dir 0.22
EN 0.21

No rotary movement when running gcode. The gcode itself has the A axis commands. The stepper isn’t enabled, shaft doesn’t lock up.

Config.txt used

https://pastebin.com/ENUbXC1Z

@Jim_Fong ​​ you need to config stepper PIN, DIR, etc to that driver, so its recognized as an A axis. You keep Saying as is an user other driver for A. Does it make sense?

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty I’m pretty sure I configured step/dir correct for that driver. Need someone to look at the config.txt to see if I missed something.

Post it here and in the smoothie community please

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty the config.txt is the pastebin posted above.

Sorry did not see it

@cprezzi ​ I sent you a hangouts message with a few of my findings… Figure I would talk to you so I can get the issues posted in the correct sections of git

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty FYI I recompiled the source for 4 axis and got the rotary to move. Time to test laserweb rotary gcode. Thanks

@Jim_Fong awesome news.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty it would be nice to add in some rotary jog buttons to laserweb now!!!

@Jim_Fong post some test images and videos and the dev’s will sure work on it :slight_smile:

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty I’ll post something this weekend if I have time.