Upgrading a NEJE 30 watt 2/2s Max to a 40 watt

I have a NEJE Master 2/2s MAX 30 watt engraver/cutter. Has anyone upgraded one with the NEJE 40 watt module?

Well I ordered a the 40 watt kit where you get just the laser and some support circuitry and upgraded power supply. Got it today and I replaced the 30 with the 40, plugged in the new power supply, 4 amp one. Then I started the system up. No surprises. Ran a test and all seems to be functioning as hoped. Just wish I could’ve gotten just the laser and power supply, but I guess it probably wouldn’t have changed the price by very much.

2 Likes

Got to pics of using the 30 watt and 40 watt lasers on some stoneware tiles I made. Now these are fully finished, completely fired at Cone 6. I used the unglazed backside for testing. They are both run at 70% 100 mm min at a scan spacing of 0.1 mm. The one on the left in pic with 2 in it is using the 30 watt at 4 passes. The one on the right is with the 40 watt at 2 passes. I also post a closer shot of the one I did with the 40 watt 2 passes.

3 Likes

I would also put up that clays can have different reactions to the lasers. If you noticed in my previous photos the color change where the laser engraved/marked the surface of the clay. I am post a photo of an engraving I made on AAMACO Air dried clay that can also be fired as a low fire clay, ie Cone 04. I used a clear glaze but the engraving was done to it as it was already fired to 04 and just needed to have glaze applied. I did this one with my K40 CO2 laser. You’ll notice the color difference.

3 Likes

Continuing to explore what is possible, I decided to investigate the laser’s use with photo resins, like those use in the SLA printers. I tried a small sample on a wood block and was able to get it to solidify. I’ll be trying a larger sample and post a picture of my results later.

2 Likes

Well here’s the results of one attempt.

Little fuzzy on the edges but it worked. Done with Anyphoton Grey resin. Max power was 5% at 2000 mm min .050 mm line spacing.

2 Likes