Two Trees TTS 55 upgrade to 10w laser. AGHHHHHAH!

I talked with TwoTrees via chat (At midnight as they are in China) and they assured me that everything I needed to upgrade my TTS55 was included in the $200 upgrade. (AGH!)
I found a review of the same item on Amazon that gave me the ability to sound slightly knowledgeable. The board is a MKS LTS v1.1 board.
MKS LTS board

The cable they sent was the same on both ends. (Apparently it’s a for a DLC 2.1 and this is a 1.?3?)

What do I do?

1. I have the plugs laying around. Can I just replace the end?
  2. Where can I order the right cable?
  3. And, it’s not a good idea to use the old 5.5w wire with the 10w laser as it will… Do bad things?!?

I’ve worked through so many challenges with the TTS55 that I didn’t want to change to a different machine. BUT… Should I? How hard is it to change the board to something else?

Right now my laser engraver is in pieces and I’m not sure what to do.

PS: I’m glad I found this forum. I’ve been looking for 6 months.

1 Like

This wire is generally big enough, what you need to do is ensure that the control board can deliver the current the new laser module requires.

You need to know the input power to do this right. I don’t know about your board, I have a DLC 32 V2 and it’s limited to 25W with a 12V supply.

You would have to find something that tells you how much current is available for your specific board.

If it’s a worry, you can run a separate wire to the laser module for power.

I converted a 500mW $89 laser from Amazon to mount a NEJE 40630 module…

:smile_cat:

did you manage to solve this problem? I have the same problem as you, and I wrote to the official store but they are useless, they only put emojis and tell me to just change the head, but they don’t understand that they are two different cables, of different thicknesses and with different plugs.