Thought I would go a bit bigger on the dragon carving.

Sure will add it as an option, have had a spindle mounts made for it for a long time.
I have been hesitant as some customers come from another machine and all simply stated they hated the hand routers, almost all provided feedback that they loved the DC (well guess I shouldn’t call it that a Dewalt I guess is a dc) spindle. Most noted they had a hard time with feeds and speeds never fitting the dial thing. Noise. Brushes dying. EMF in the system. And most found that end mills don’t run within the speeds these run at.
Myself, I could not stand the the hand routers. Found runout was crazy, was not good for anything but wood (too fast for plastic, metal, or PCB work.
You are the first though that has gone the opposite way. I’ve been interested in watching the development. Most buy an OX to do what your doing so it may be more value to people getting in. Thanks again Jack for your post and feedback.

@Brandon_Satterfield I guess I wasn’t really thinking about the broad range of materials that others are using. “Others” I suppose, is the key word. DC spindles are probably the better choice for people not working mainly with wood. 12,000 RPM is pretty much the slowest spindle speed you would want to use on wood. Most bits for wood working are in the 18,000 RPM range. So I guess I can see the dilemma with that.

Having a choice between the two seems to make the most sense to me.

I have gone the harbor freight route before. Here is a tip for you. Keep the receipt. The bearings will start to sound different before failure. When you hear the difference, swap the trim router out for a new one.