Thought I would give the ARES a try again. It has been a while since I’ve used it. Brief history: replaced mega/ramps board due to short, over a year ago and updated Octopi. I actually updated OctoPi for the second time bringing it to the most current version.
Several days ago when this adventure began, I was unable to SSH into the Raspberry Pi board for some reason. I opened up the top the of base and removed the RPi instead of reaching my fingers into the center hole. I can say that removing the RPi is quite easy and I now prefer this method if I have to do it again in the future.
Got Octopi running and was finally able to SSH in to the command line interface. For whatever reason, the wifi module began working again. Connected the RPI to the Mega/Ramps and something just didn’t seem right.
I decided to re-flash the Mega/Ramps board again to see if this would correct the erratic behavior I was getting in the axes. What a nightmare. I kept getting multiple compiling errors and this was very frustrating. After some research, I learned that some of the code used in the original modified Marlin firmware has depreciated and is no longer accepted; therefore I was unable to compile and load he firmware onto the Mega/Ramps board.
I finally read a thread suggesting to install Arduino 1.0.6 and try that. It worked! So, if anyone has to reload the firmware make sure you are using the 1.0.6 version of the Arduino IDE. I hope nobody has to but If you do, I hope this will save you some time.
The ARES is rocking again!!! I really like the quality of this printer. There is a large demand for lego themed projects in my household