This project did not use FastLED,

This project did not use FastLED, but I thought it might be interesting to folks here. I integrated an LED river into a waterfall concrete countertop.

I used a new, and very inexpensive ($10) off-the-shelf RF music controller called SP106E, which was sent to me to try out. There is no substitute for designing the visual effects yourself, but for $10, this music controller is pretty cool.

Pretty cool project!

@Trey_Coursey Thanks!

Great project and video! Very high quality result!

@Mike_Katchmar Thanks much!

@Mike_Clifford this looks great! With the smokey acrylic, how “true” do the colors look? I’ve been doing roofline installations using the standard milky white diffusers, but some houses have dark trim and we’ve been looking for a darker option that still allows the colors to come through.

@Ryan_Cush Thanks! The colors are very true, sort of like looking through a pair of quality sunglasses. They are slightly dimmer but colors are correct. However, it doesn’t diffuse nearly as much light as the milky diffusers, so you still get a more dot like look. One thing I’ve tried to get the best of both worlds, which works, is layering the white semi-transparent acrylic with one of the smoke grey on top. In this photo, the middle and bottom one shows this stack concept off and on.
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Mike_Clifford Oh that is nice for sure. You don’t even realize the frosted piece is behind the smoked one (at least in the pic) Very nice combo. Nice work!

nice project. sir can u plz share the arduino code

@Pankaj_Patel No code – I just used a $10 off-the-shelf music controller for this one. The code for my other projects is on Github however, (just search for modustrial maker).