This is what E3D Support brought to MRRF2018! We start at news and improvements

This is what @E3D_Support brought to MRRF2018! We start at news and improvements on E3D’s existing lineup, talk about their new barebones motion platform and finally check out the new toolchanger! If this works out, we’ll have a new, open standard for combined FDM printing, laser cutting and marking, inkjet integration and some light finish milling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfopGYO0r-M

“…like feces off a shuttle”. :thinking::joy::rofl::upside_down_face::rofl:

Shovel?

Great interview!

@ThantiK LOL! Maybe. I don’t remember exactly when he said it, and I’m not going to rewatch the whole thing just for that.

That being said, I just finished watching it (I had to stop 5 minutes short earlier) and yeah, great interview! Lots of exciting information from Sanjay!! Those are some freaking crazy good tolerances he spoke of. I love hearing the technical details, too. It is clear they’ve done some serious thinking about a set of problems with some laser focus (pardon the pun) on specific areas ripe for improvement. Also, I’m extremely curious about the “polyphobic” coating…that sounds like a truly new idea.

Using pogo pins for the > 3 A of the heater, shudder.

I’m pretty sure they are using 24V power system so it should be less than 2A for a typical hot end. Though I do agree pogo might not be a proper solution.

still much for these pins

And did you see their super volcano? 2 A will not be enough.

The steppers for the titans are outside of the enclosure, the titans inside. I always wonder whether this is the right way. The steppers will run cooler, okay, but what about the filament in the extruder, it is in the hot enclosure. What is better cooler stepper or cooler filament in the extruder?

@Gerald_Dachs As long as the interior air temperature is lower than the glass transition phase of the filament, it should not be a problem. Water cooled hot end heat break!

I can see the day when 3D printers pumps slowly melting filament, and the extruder handles the gunk nicely…

@SirGeekALot A water cooled hot end will not help the extruders that are mounted at the back of the printer.