This is part of the F1 nose and it´s supposed to be flat.

This is part of the F1 nose and it´s supposed to be flat. It´s printed on my FF Dreamer as several times before (same gcode) and suddenly these patterns appear. Does anyone have an ieda what may be the cause of this? (It´s printed “standing” up)

Just a guess, but looks like ringing on the X axis. Belt loose? Harmonics? Maybe try changing the print speed to see if pattern changes?

I´l have a closer look when i get home tonight, didn´t have time this morning.

I’ve seen something similar when a board’s stepped drivers cause resonance which creates a pattern.

Let me guess… It’s a delta? :wink:

I stick with Larries meaning. Guess there is something wrong with the drive of one axis (dirty rods, worn out bearings/bushings, faulty motor, loose rods or belts… something like this)

@Michael_Memeteau I’m pretty sure his printer is a Cartesian.

@brett_turnage You’re right, the name is even mentioned in the post. My bad… That’s quite weird in this case!

@Michael_Memeteau you’re a delta guy like me too, right? First thing I thought was the Azteeg x5 v.1 resonance issues.

I’ve had gcode files go corrupt before. Had to format the SD card and reprocess the part.

@brett_turnage I’m agnostic. But love them all… I’m not aware of the resonance issue of the Azteeg X5 (and I’m using a cheal clone ASZMS Mini, in this case, which also happen to be Smoothieware compatible).
Could you elaborate?

@Michael_Memeteau yah it was on the previous version of the Azteeg x5 where the drivers were causing a resonance issue which would show in printed results similar to above. The Azteeg x5 v. 2 fixed this with removal stepper drivers.

I had this EXACT problem with really big prints.
Apparently my printer had a HUGE over extrusion problem, reducing a lot the Feedrate (like 15%~20%) solved it and made small prints much nicer!